Search Issue Tracker
[PLM] Slow baking performance with LODs
In Progressive Lightmapper, adding LODs to Mesh Renderers drops the baking performance radically. This issue is much more pronounced with large projects that use lots of instances with LODs. The project attached to the case is relatively a mid-size project where the issue can be observed.
Steps for reproduction:
1) Download the project below
2) In `Assets/NextGen/Scenes`, find scenes called `Nuclear` and `Nuclear_noLOD`
3) Bake the scenes and observe the performance difference
- Baking performance (mrays/sec) and CPU usage differences can be observed across the scenes
- Not a regression
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Audio is not properly occluded when using Steam Audio
- Material changes are not tracked properly when using recursive rendering
- [NavMesh Components] Walkable Area randomly appearing on non-walkable meshes
- Test Runner Window. 'Open source code' on a test method containing 'yield return' doesn't work
- Editor crashes after a while of playing