Search Issue Tracker
Player crashes when calling File.OpenRead and catching exception in async methods
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached project "OpenReadCrash.zip"
2. Make sure the Scripting Backend is set to IL2CPP in the Player settings (Edit > Project Settings > Player)
3. File > Build And Run
Expected result: Player doesn't crash on exception
Actual result: Player crashes
Reproducible with: 2021.2.0b8, 2021.2.3f1, 2022.1.0a7, 2022.1.0a15
Not reproducible with: 2019.4.32f1, 2020.3.23f1, 2021.2.0b7, 2022.1.0a6
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Editor directs to non-existent page when pressing "Learn more..." for Asset Pipeline
- "Cyclic Prefab nesting not supported" error window is thrown when trying to nest two sibling prefab variants
- BuildPipeline error is thrown when building Asset Bundles
- "IndexOutOfRangeException" errors appear when entering Play Mode if using "AsDeferredJobArray"
- [Mobile] System.Convert.ToSingle throws exception when using specific language on device