Search Issue Tracker
Player crashes when calling File.OpenRead and catching exception in async methods
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached project "OpenReadCrash.zip"
2. Make sure the Scripting Backend is set to IL2CPP in the Player settings (Edit > Project Settings > Player)
3. File > Build And Run
Expected result: Player doesn't crash on exception
Actual result: Player crashes
Reproducible with: 2021.2.0b8, 2021.2.3f1, 2022.1.0a7, 2022.1.0a15
Not reproducible with: 2019.4.32f1, 2020.3.23f1, 2021.2.0b7, 2022.1.0a6
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Shader warnings are thrown when creating a new empty 3D HDRP project
- Crash on tlsf_free when exiting the Play mode in a specific project
- Advanced Object Picker switches to Classic with Error "Exception caught with search engine (Object Selector)Advanced" when opening multiple Object Picker windows
- The "secondary" touchpoint reverts to the previous position when the "primary" touchpoint is released and re-engaged on WebGL applications
- GameObject with Visual Effect Graph Component is blooming when the VFX Graph Color is set to "0" and Alpha is set "1"