Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.5.0
Pivot offset on Horizontal/Vertical Billboard particles scales and flips the particles
When using the start rotation parameter of a particle emitter emitting particles of either Horizontal or Vertical billboard render modes with a pivot offset of any value the particles are scaled and/or flipped.
Between multiples of 90 start rotation the particle is scaled (reaches 0 scale on one axis at 45/135/225/315). At 90 and 270 the particle is 1:1 scale but flipped. This occurs with any pivot offset values. The pivot offset values themselves are still correctly applied.
1) Open attached project and open scene "Test"
2) Select object "Vertical Billboard Offset X1" and adjust "Start Rotation" value of the Particle System component.
3) Observe scaling/flipping (Shader is 2 pass: frontface = blue, backface = red)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Editor crashes when loading RenderDoc with Graphics API set to OpenGLES2 or OpenGLES3
- [Windows] Development Build with no scenes shows a purple screen when using OpenGLES3 graphics API
- Shader variants take too much memory at runtime
- [HDRP][VFX] Output mesh with default shader is incorrectly sorted before the HDRP fog
- Error "'GamepadSpeakerOutputType' does not exist in the namespace 'UnityEngine'" occurs in the Console when building a project