Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.5.0
Pivot offset on Horizontal/Vertical Billboard particles scales and flips the particles
When using the start rotation parameter of a particle emitter emitting particles of either Horizontal or Vertical billboard render modes with a pivot offset of any value the particles are scaled and/or flipped.
Between multiples of 90 start rotation the particle is scaled (reaches 0 scale on one axis at 45/135/225/315). At 90 and 270 the particle is 1:1 scale but flipped. This occurs with any pivot offset values. The pivot offset values themselves are still correctly applied.
1) Open attached project and open scene "Test"
2) Select object "Vertical Billboard Offset X1" and adjust "Start Rotation" value of the Particle System component.
3) Observe scaling/flipping (Shader is 2 pass: frontface = blue, backface = red)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Semi transparent particles are incorrect in the game view
- [iOS] UI elements are invisible on iOS devices when using AdditionalUIRenderer
- Setting ArticulationBody.collisionDetectionMode at runtime via script to Discrete does not work if its being set from Continuous
- [iOS] Crash on ScriptingGCHandle::Acquire when calling RequestUserAuthorization without using yield for pending authorization
- Particle is not visible in RenderTexture when Renderer's material is set to Default-Particle and Camera's BG Alpha is set 0