Search Issue Tracker
Fix In Review for 2022.1.X
Fix In Review for 2019.4.X, 2021.1.X, 2021.2.X
Fixed in 2020.3.X
Performance degradation when activating or deactivating uGUI GameObject
1. Open the attached project "PerformanceBug.zip"
2. Open the "PerformanceTest" Scene
3. Open the Profiler (Window > Analysis > Profiler)
4. Enter Play Mode and record at least 50 frames
5. Exit Play Mode
6. Select the CPU Usage module in the Profiler
7. In the Profiler Hierarchy, navigate to "PlayerLoop > Update.ScriptRunBehaviourUpdate > BehaviourUpdate > PerformanceTest.Update"
8. Select a frame in the Timeline that contains the GameObject.Activate method
9. Observe the GameObject.Activate method's "Time ms" value
Expected result: time does not significantly increase
Actual result: time increases by a multiple of 2 or more
Reproducible with: 2019.4.29f1, 2020.3.13f1, 2020.3.14f1, 2021.1.10f1, 2021.1.16f1, 2021.2.0b5, 2022.1.0a3
Not reproducible with: 2019.4.28f1, 2020.1.0a1, 2020.3.12f1, 2021.1.0a1, 2021.1.9f1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Lists auto expand when scrolling down in the Inspector Window
- Graphics.CopyTexture does not work with Texture2DArray when "Texture Quality" is not "Full Res"
- Unity Download Assistant uses the last install path
- Keycodes Less and Greater are not being registered when using GetKeyDown
- GameObjects in the Scene are not selectable when using "w" after painting with Tile Pallete