Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.1.X
Fixed in 2019.4.X, 2020.3.X, 2021.1.X, 2021.2.X
Performance degradation when activating or deactivating uGUI GameObject
1. Open the attached project "PerformanceBug.zip"
2. Open the "PerformanceTest" Scene
3. Open the Profiler (Window > Analysis > Profiler)
4. Enter Play Mode and record at least 50 frames
5. Exit Play Mode
6. Select the CPU Usage module in the Profiler
7. In the Profiler Hierarchy, navigate to "PlayerLoop > Update.ScriptRunBehaviourUpdate > BehaviourUpdate > PerformanceTest.Update"
8. Select a frame in the Timeline that contains the GameObject.Activate method
9. Observe the GameObject.Activate method's "Time ms" value
Expected result: time does not significantly increase
Actual result: time increases by a multiple of 2 or more
Reproducible with: 2019.4.29f1, 2020.3.13f1, 2020.3.14f1, 2021.1.10f1, 2021.1.16f1, 2021.2.0b5, 2022.1.0a3
Not reproducible with: 2019.4.28f1, 2020.1.0a1, 2020.3.12f1, 2021.1.0a1, 2021.1.9f1
Sep 09, 2021 07:23
We need this fix very much! Please fix! 2019.4 LTS.
Sep 09, 2021 07:18
2019.4 LTS need fix
Sep 09, 2021 07:15
We need fix for 2019.4 LTS.
Sep 07, 2021 11:20
2019.4 LTS fix pls!
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [HDRP] Decal Projector with layer mask "nothing" doesn't affect transparent objects when Decal Layers are disabled in frame settings
- "MonoBehaviour.OnApplicationQuit" is still called when quitting is canceled by “Application.wantsToQuit“ returning false
- [2D SG/VFX] Surface options are not shown in Output Inspector when 2D Sprite SG is assigned to VFX
- Collisions are incorrectly registered when setting a joint motor every frame causes
- Terrain shadows flicker while moving the Camera in the Player when Terrain contains GPU instanced materials
Resolution Note (fix version 2022.1):
Fixed in: 2022.1.0a10
Resolution Note (fix version 2021.2):
Fixed in: 2021.2.0b14
Resolution Note (fix version 2021.1):
Fixed in: 2021.1.24f1
Resolution Note (fix version 2020.3):
Fixed in: 2020.3.19f1
Resolution Note (fix version 2019.4):
Fixed in: 2019.4.31f1