Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.1.X
Fixed in 2019.4.X, 2020.3.X, 2021.1.X, 2021.2.X
Performance degradation when activating or deactivating uGUI GameObject
1. Open the attached project "PerformanceBug.zip"
2. Open the "PerformanceTest" Scene
3. Open the Profiler (Window > Analysis > Profiler)
4. Enter Play Mode and record at least 50 frames
5. Exit Play Mode
6. Select the CPU Usage module in the Profiler
7. In the Profiler Hierarchy, navigate to "PlayerLoop > Update.ScriptRunBehaviourUpdate > BehaviourUpdate > PerformanceTest.Update"
8. Select a frame in the Timeline that contains the GameObject.Activate method
9. Observe the GameObject.Activate method's "Time ms" value
Expected result: time does not significantly increase
Actual result: time increases by a multiple of 2 or more
Reproducible with: 2019.4.29f1, 2020.3.13f1, 2020.3.14f1, 2021.1.10f1, 2021.1.16f1, 2021.2.0b5, 2022.1.0a3
Not reproducible with: 2019.4.28f1, 2020.1.0a1, 2020.3.12f1, 2021.1.0a1, 2021.1.9f1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Mouse inputs cannot be inputted when searching the Shortcuts Menu by type "Shortcut"
- "Debug Assertion Failed!" error when launching Windows Dedicated Server Player with Script Debugging enabled
- [Cinematic Studio][3D HDRP] Shader warnings thrown in the Console window when creating a new project with Cinematic Studio template
- Autoplay is triggered on Audio Assets when changing Asset Bundle tags
- Inspector Asset Bundle section has no indication for Variants, AssetBundle is written without a space, and Variant dropdown menu is available without setting the Asset Bundle first