Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.1.X
Fixed in 2019.4.X, 2020.3.X, 2021.1.X, 2021.2.X
Performance degradation when activating or deactivating uGUI GameObject
1. Open the attached project "PerformanceBug.zip"
2. Open the "PerformanceTest" Scene
3. Open the Profiler (Window > Analysis > Profiler)
4. Enter Play Mode and record at least 50 frames
5. Exit Play Mode
6. Select the CPU Usage module in the Profiler
7. In the Profiler Hierarchy, navigate to "PlayerLoop > Update.ScriptRunBehaviourUpdate > BehaviourUpdate > PerformanceTest.Update"
8. Select a frame in the Timeline that contains the GameObject.Activate method
9. Observe the GameObject.Activate method's "Time ms" value
Expected result: time does not significantly increase
Actual result: time increases by a multiple of 2 or more
Reproducible with: 2019.4.29f1, 2020.3.13f1, 2020.3.14f1, 2021.1.10f1, 2021.1.16f1, 2021.2.0b5, 2022.1.0a3
Not reproducible with: 2019.4.28f1, 2020.1.0a1, 2020.3.12f1, 2021.1.0a1, 2021.1.9f1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Android] URP Project crashes when built on a device with PowerVR Rogue GE8320 GPU
- Deselected Game View is rendered incorrectly when resizing Game View window in two Game View window setup
- [macOS] Color picker preview shows colorful pixels when cursor is dragged on the sides of the screen
- Intensity parameter ignores Culling Mask causing incorrect lightning when additional lights are disabled
- Input.GetKeyUp is true only for the first released mouse button when releasing mouse buttons outside the Game view