Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.1.X
Fixed in 2019.4.X, 2020.3.X, 2021.1.X, 2021.2.X
Performance degradation when activating or deactivating uGUI GameObject
1. Open the attached project "PerformanceBug.zip"
2. Open the "PerformanceTest" Scene
3. Open the Profiler (Window > Analysis > Profiler)
4. Enter Play Mode and record at least 50 frames
5. Exit Play Mode
6. Select the CPU Usage module in the Profiler
7. In the Profiler Hierarchy, navigate to "PlayerLoop > Update.ScriptRunBehaviourUpdate > BehaviourUpdate > PerformanceTest.Update"
8. Select a frame in the Timeline that contains the GameObject.Activate method
9. Observe the GameObject.Activate method's "Time ms" value
Expected result: time does not significantly increase
Actual result: time increases by a multiple of 2 or more
Reproducible with: 2019.4.29f1, 2020.3.13f1, 2020.3.14f1, 2021.1.10f1, 2021.1.16f1, 2021.2.0b5, 2022.1.0a3
Not reproducible with: 2019.4.28f1, 2020.1.0a1, 2020.3.12f1, 2021.1.0a1, 2021.1.9f1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- NullReferenceException errors spam the console, after upgrading a package in PAckage Manager
- [QuickSearch] Default Assets are not appearing in the Object picker browser
- App crashes on launch when mesh of object has Read/Write disabled
- Material keyword APIs don't list keywords when using a newly imported SpeedTree
- Curves Editor crops big values