Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.2.X
Fixed in 2018.4.X, 2019.3.X, 2020.1.X
Performance decrease in EditorOverhead using Deep Profile
1. Open the 2017.4 Project attached in the original case description (the archive size is over 5gb).
2. Go to 'Window > Profiler'.
3. Click 'Deep Profile'.
4. Play the 'StartYux' scene.
5. Wait for it to load.
6. Click the red X button in the game console if it overlays the game.
7. Click Login and connect via Email. Use the provided credentials in the original case description.
8. Progress by following the game suggestions until you reach a list of cards (unity-2017-scroll-profiler.mov).
9. Drag a card list to the left and right to reinforce a reproduction.
- You should notice a performance drop in EditorOverhead (Screenshots attached for versions 5.6 and 2017.4).
- Performance drops down to 1.5 FPS in Unity 2017.4 and only to 12 FPS in Unity 5.6.
- 5.6 Project is attached to compare the behavior between 5.6 and 2017.4 versions of Unity.
- Similar or small performance difference using different Unity versions.
- Profiler reports attached in the original case description.
- Projects are huge and don't move between versions very well.
- Contact @juanpablo for more information.
Not reproducible with:
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [macOS] There is no way to tell if you are running under Rosetta
- [AssetImport] Changing Graphics APIs in Android platform reimports most of the assets (textures, fonts, ...)
- Stack frames are missing from Console window when in Full Stack trace mode
- An error is returned and no package is listed if an invalid package is hosted on a scoped registry
- Crash with ComputeTileMeshJob when generating Navmesh