Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2019.2.X
Won't Fix in 5.6.X, 2017.4.X
Fixed in 2018.3.X, 2019.1.X
[Perforce] "Invalid AssetDatabase path" warnings when files outside of perforce are checked out
Steps to reproduce:
1. Set up Perforce workspace
2. Create project at least a level deeper than root directory
3. Create another folder in the root
4. Add files to the other folder
5. In the Editor set VC to Perforce and open Version Control window
6. In P4V, mark files from other folder for checkout
7. In the Editor observe warning messages show up:
"Invalid AssetDatabase path: D:/UnityProjects/PerforceInvalidDatabasePath/TestFolder/Egg.png. Use path relative to the project folder."
Expected: No errors show up, In VC window the files maybe don't even show up
Actual: Errors spammed in the console about an Invalid AssetDatabase path
Reproduced on: 5.5.4p1, 5.6.1f1, 2017.1.0p2, 2017.2.0b5, 2017.3.0a2
Note: Check correspondence with user for examples of file hierarchy and repro video
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Long Prefab save times when using Unity 2022.2 and higher
- Console displays error "UnityException: Creating asset at path Assets/Scenes/ .scenetemplate failed." during scene template saving
- "Development Build" watermark is shown in non-development UWP release builds
- Console errors appear when the Inspector is set to Debug and a GameObject is selected
- A script public variable value is not used when set in the Inspector window
Sep 25, 2018 09:42
i getting this warning in version 2017.2.2f1.
Jun 29, 2018 22:25
I'm getting this problem in 2018.1.6.f1
May 09, 2018 20:03
I'm getting this too in version 2017.3.1f1, it's very annoying and doesn't seem to actually be a real problem with anything. I've resorted to just keeping the "Version Control" tab closed unless I'm using it directly. Would appreciate a fix for this or a better work-around.