Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.2.X
Pasting, Undoing and Deleting multiple Game Objects in the Scene Hierarchy is non linearly slow
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached project and open the "SampleScene"
2. Find the "1000" parent in the Hierarchy and expand it
3. Select all of its children and copy-paste them (Observe the time it takes to paste these objects, it should take around 1-2 sec)
4. Find the "6000" parent in the Hierarchy and expand it
5. Select all of its children and copy-paste them (Observe the time it takes to paste these objects, it takes around 40 sec)
Expected result: the performance is near-linear, for example, if it takes 1 sec to paste 1000 objects it should take around 6-7 secs to paste 6000 objects
Actual result: the performance gets worse non linearly with the more objects that are selected. Instead of 6 secs, it takes around 40 secs to paste 6000 objects. With 10000 objects it takes around 10 minutes. (See FB comment for more data)
Reproduced in: 2020.1.0a18, 2019.3.0f4, 2019.2.16f1, 2018.4.15f1
Note: only reproduces when selecting multiple objects, if only a single parent with the same amount of objects is selected the performance is fast as expected
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Mouse inputs cannot be inputted when searching the Shortcuts Menu by type "Shortcut"
- "Debug Assertion Failed!" error when launching Windows Dedicated Server Player with Script Debugging enabled
- [Cinematic Studio][3D HDRP] Shader warnings thrown in the Console window when creating a new project with Cinematic Studio template
- Autoplay is triggered on Audio Assets when changing Asset Bundle tags
- Inspector Asset Bundle section has no indication for Variants, AssetBundle is written without a space, and Variant dropdown menu is available without setting the Asset Bundle first