Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2017.3.0f3
Fixed in 2017.1, 2017.2
Particle UI stuttering when navigating up and down since enabling particle collision: Plane
Repro steps (original attached project):
1. Drag "MissilesCollision" prefab into the scene.
2. Make sure the Particle Editor is open
3. In the Particle Editor, expand the Collisions module and change the type to Planes
I've also attached a smaller project, Bug_01.rar. If you want to use this, the repro steps are:
1. Open Scene 1
2. Select the Particle System prefab instance in the scene, and open the Editor.
3. Change the Collisions module's type to Planes.
Observe error / UI messes up like in the screenshot above.
The following errors appear in the console:
NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
UnityEditorInternal.EditMode.DoInspectorToolbar (.SceneViewEditMode modes, UnityEngine.GUIContent guiContents, Bounds bounds, UnityEditor.Editor caller) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Inspector/EditMode.cs:190)
UnityEditor.ModuleUI.GUIButtonGroup (.SceneViewEditMode modes, UnityEngine.GUIContent guiContents, Bounds bounds, UnityEditor.Editor caller) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/ParticleSystemEditor/ParticleSystemModules/ModuleUIHelpers.cs:159)
UnityEditor.CollisionModuleUI.OnInspectorGUI (UnityEditor.InitialModuleUI initial) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/ParticleSystemEditor/ParticleSystemModules/CollisionModuleUI.cs:230)
UnityEditor.ParticleSystemUI.OnGUI (Single width, Boolean fixedWidth) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/ParticleSystemEditor/ParticleSystemUI.cs:190)
- Not a regression, happens in 2017.1 and 2017.2
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Linux Hub] A new instance of the Hub does not have a Taskbar icon
- Mesh Inspector becomes slow to use when inspecting a large Mesh with Blend Shapes
- [Metal] GfxDeviceMetal::CreateComputeProgram does not check inputs
- The Modes button of the the SerializedField MinMaxGradient is not clickable in the Inspector when indentLevel is more than 0
- Input.GetKey for Left Shift returns true when Right Shift is held down and Left Shift is pressed (and vice versa)