Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 2017.3.0f3
Particle UI stuttering when navigating up and down since enabling particle collision: Plane
Repro steps (original attached project):
1. Drag "MissilesCollision" prefab into the scene.
2. Make sure the Particle Editor is open
3. In the Particle Editor, expand the Collisions module and change the type to Planes
I've also attached a smaller project, Bug_01.rar. If you want to use this, the repro steps are:
1. Open Scene 1
2. Select the Particle System prefab instance in the scene, and open the Editor.
3. Change the Collisions module's type to Planes.
Observe error / UI messes up like in the screenshot above.
The following errors appear in the console:
NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
UnityEditorInternal.EditMode.DoInspectorToolbar (.SceneViewEditMode modes, UnityEngine.GUIContent guiContents, Bounds bounds, UnityEditor.Editor caller) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Inspector/EditMode.cs:190)
UnityEditor.ModuleUI.GUIButtonGroup (.SceneViewEditMode modes, UnityEngine.GUIContent guiContents, Bounds bounds, UnityEditor.Editor caller) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/ParticleSystemEditor/ParticleSystemModules/ModuleUIHelpers.cs:159)
UnityEditor.CollisionModuleUI.OnInspectorGUI (UnityEditor.InitialModuleUI initial) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/ParticleSystemEditor/ParticleSystemModules/CollisionModuleUI.cs:230)
UnityEditor.ParticleSystemUI.OnGUI (Single width, Boolean fixedWidth) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/ParticleSystemEditor/ParticleSystemUI.cs:190)
- Not a regression, happens in 2017.1 and 2017.2
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- EditorGUILayout.PropertyField does not work for Vector4
- Absolute paths from included packages cannot be converted to virtual paths in Assets/Packages
- Crash in VCProvider when upgrading project from 18.3 to 19.1 and 19.2
- Android Vulkan corrupted rendering when there is no camera in the scene
- Creating mesh assets produces broken blendshapes