Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.3
Particle bounds are too small when emitting long meshes
How to reproduce:
1. Open attached project "Particle_Bounds_Bug.zip" and scene "BoundsTest"
2. In Hierarchy window, select "Emit Cylinder"
3. In Scene view -> Particle Effect -> enable "Show Bounds"
4. Observe Scene/Game views
Expected result: the bounds of the particle system is large enough to enclose all the particles
Actual result: the bounds are too small if the mesh is too long
Reproducible with: 2017.1.3p4, 2017.2.3f1, 2017.4.3f1, 2018.1.1f1, 2018.2.0b4
- In order to notice particles going out of the bounds set "Emit Cylinder" -> "Particle System" component -> "Renderer" -> "Render Alignment" -> "World"
- 2017.4 and below the bounds are in square shape (particles go out of bounds less, but overall the bounds are too large)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- SBP Support for Mip Stripping
- Prefab Hierarchy is reordered after upgrading a project to a newer version of Unity
- OnTriggerExit2D when disabling a GameObject
- [DirectX12] FrameTimingManager does not return useful data
- [GPU PLM] High resolution lightmap bake keeps on restarting when Progressive Updates flag is enabled