Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.3.X
Particle bounds are too small when emitting long meshes
How to reproduce:
1. Open attached project "Particle_Bounds_Bug.zip" and scene "BoundsTest"
2. In Hierarchy window, select "Emit Cylinder"
3. In Scene view -> Particle Effect -> enable "Show Bounds"
4. Observe Scene/Game views
Expected result: the bounds of the particle system is large enough to enclose all the particles
Actual result: the bounds are too small if the mesh is too long
Reproducible with: 2017.1.3p4, 2017.2.3f1, 2017.4.3f1, 2018.1.1f1, 2018.2.0b4
- In order to notice particles going out of the bounds set "Emit Cylinder" -> "Particle System" component -> "Renderer" -> "Render Alignment" -> "World"
- 2017.4 and below the bounds are in square shape (particles go out of bounds less, but overall the bounds are too large)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- The "Add Component" context menu root level has a parent when is reopened after selecting a Component
- [Android] Crash on memcpy when building for Android Platform
- Cannot create DropdownField with nested choices when using UIToolkit
- Lightmaps are baked incorrectly for GameObjects when their Position is <=-2048 or >=2048 on any of the coordinates
- Sahder errors in Player when "Strict shader variant matching" is enabled and the rendering path is set to "Deferred"