Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.3.X
Particle bounds are too small when emitting long meshes
How to reproduce:
1. Open attached project "Particle_Bounds_Bug.zip" and scene "BoundsTest"
2. In Hierarchy window, select "Emit Cylinder"
3. In Scene view -> Particle Effect -> enable "Show Bounds"
4. Observe Scene/Game views
Expected result: the bounds of the particle system is large enough to enclose all the particles
Actual result: the bounds are too small if the mesh is too long
Reproducible with: 2017.1.3p4, 2017.2.3f1, 2017.4.3f1, 2018.1.1f1, 2018.2.0b4
- In order to notice particles going out of the bounds set "Emit Cylinder" -> "Particle System" component -> "Renderer" -> "Render Alignment" -> "World"
- 2017.4 and below the bounds are in square shape (particles go out of bounds less, but overall the bounds are too large)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Shadows flickering when a Mesh's Cast Shadows are set to Shadows Only and Camera is moving with Spotlight
- AudioMixer exposed parameters cause assertions when hidden and prevent the drop-down from functioning
- globalgamemanagers.assets contains references to platform-specific scripts when those scripts are present in the Project
- Package Manager/My Assets: 401 Response code trying to download a paid asset store package
- TrailRenderer.SetPosition will log a Index out of bounds error when index is in bounds of the positionCount property