Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 2018.3
Particle bounds are too small when emitting long meshes
How to reproduce:
1. Open attached project "Particle_Bounds_Bug.zip" and scene "BoundsTest"
2. In Hierarchy window, select "Emit Cylinder"
3. In Scene view -> Particle Effect -> enable "Show Bounds"
4. Observe Scene/Game views
Expected result: the bounds of the particle system is large enough to enclose all the particles
Actual result: the bounds are too small if the mesh is too long
Reproducible with: 2017.1.3p4, 2017.2.3f1, 2017.4.3f1, 2018.1.1f1, 2018.2.0b4
- In order to notice particles going out of the bounds set "Emit Cylinder" -> "Particle System" component -> "Renderer" -> "Render Alignment" -> "World"
- 2017.4 and below the bounds are in square shape (particles go out of bounds less, but overall the bounds are too large)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [OSX][Settings] When using only the new ISX as Input Handling, mouse position and scroll are still detected by the old system.
- [Scripting] Input Action fails to re-enable after disabled.
- [MacOS] "Bloom" does not work in Standalone Build
- Mesh.CombineMeshes result has different normals if the original mesh has tweaked normals and scale
- [Hub] In licence error screen https://unity3d.com/unity/err/license redirects to not found website