Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.2.X
Fixed in 2019.4.X, 2020.3.X, 2021.1.X
"Parser Failure: Expected closing '}'" error when creating ScriptableObject
1. Open attached project "ParseIssue.zip"
2. In Project window, Right-Click -> Create -> Test -> press Enter Key
3. Observe Console window
Expected result: No error
Actual result: "Unable to parse file Assets/New Test 1.asset: [Parser Failure at line 35: Expected closing '}']" error
Reproducible with: 2019.4.9f1, 2020.1.4f1, 2020.2.0b1
Could not test with: 2018.4.27f1 (console errors break project)
Mar 19, 2021 18:54
Update: I was able to manually remove orphaned script component references in the scene file via text editor. The issue occurred when calling DestroyImmediate in Reset() which resulted in a crash in 2019.4.10f1. I'll upgrade to 2019.4.21f1.
Mar 18, 2021 23:21
I just started getting these errors after an editor crash. Tried reimporting all. No difference. Unclear if scene is damaged. Planning to attempt manual fix. Wish me luck...
Sep 01, 2020 14:26
I have this issue and it doesn't appear to cause any adverse effects in my case, but it very frequently comes up as a false positive error and it would be nice if it was fixed.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Errors are thrown after redoing Nested Prefab Variant creation
- Documentation Link does not work when the "VFX Condition" question mark button is clicked
- Documentation Link does not work when the "Spawn State" question mark button is clicked
- Darker lighting in Build when disabling SSAO at runtime
- Animation glitches when using animation layering with base layer transition interruption
Resolution Note (fix version 2020.2):
Fixed in 2021.2.0a2
Resolution Note (fix version 2021.1):
Fixed in 2021.1.0b5
Resolution Note (fix version 2020.3):
Fixed in 2020.3.4f1
Resolution Note (fix version 2019.4):
Fixed in 2019.4.21f1