Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.2
Fixed in 2017.3, 2018.1
PackedMemorySnapshot: Unable to resolve typeDescription of GCHandle.target
1. Download user's attached project and open in Unity
2. Open scene "Scene"
3. Open BugReport -> Open TestCode Window
4. Click Capture Memory 'Editor'
Expected: No errors in console
Actual: Errors in console (view picture)
Reproduced on: 2017.3.0a6; 2017.3.0p1; 2018.1.0b1
These are error messages from the provided test case and not Unity error messages.
Some GCHandle's cannot be used to resolve the type. With pretty much every restart of the Unity editor, the fail-reason for that is different. Sometimes it outputs "Cannot find memory section of vtableClassPointer", sometimes it outputs "pointer is NULL".
Memory Snapshots introduced only from 2017.3.0a6.
Fixed in: 2018.1.0b9, 2018.2.0a1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [IL2CPP][Android] Incorrect symbol length/symbols returned with "AndroidJavaClass"and "AndroidJavaProxy" on Android < 5.1.1
- Animating the alpha channel of a color in a material causes the RGB channels to be reset to 0
- [Mobile] TouchScreenKeyboardType is missing DecimalPad
- Memory leak in Scene Memory/RenderTexture when Scene View is active and 'Animated Materials' + 'Post Processings' toggles are on
- Ctrl + F should start search in PackageManager