Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.2
Fixed in 2017.3, 2018.1
PackedMemorySnapshot: Unable to resolve typeDescription of GCHandle.target
1. Download user's attached project and open in Unity
2. Open scene "Scene"
3. Open BugReport -> Open TestCode Window
4. Click Capture Memory 'Editor'
Expected: No errors in console
Actual: Errors in console (view picture)
Reproduced on: 2017.3.0a6; 2017.3.0p1; 2018.1.0b1
These are error messages from the provided test case and not Unity error messages.
Some GCHandle's cannot be used to resolve the type. With pretty much every restart of the Unity editor, the fail-reason for that is different. Sometimes it outputs "Cannot find memory section of vtableClassPointer", sometimes it outputs "pointer is NULL".
Memory Snapshots introduced only from 2017.3.0a6.
Fixed in: 2018.1.0b9, 2018.2.0a1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Unity crashes when opening the project
- "Color Picker not supported on this platform" error is thrown when UseOSColorPicker is set to true on Windows
- Lightmap Encoding Quality settings do not apply to baked lightmap textures
- GameObject is not culled and can be seen in the Frame Debugger when Camera is facing away from it
- [UIR] Lines separating packages wiggle in Packman at 150%