Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.2.X
Fixed in 2019.4.X, 2020.3.X, 2021.1.X
Package resolution error when using a Git dependency referencing an annotated tag in its Git URL
How to reproduce:
1. Open attached project "Archive.zip"
2. Open Package Manager window
3. Add a Git dependency to the package using the tag as revision ("git+file://(absolute/path/to/pkg)#v1.0.0", for instance "git+file:///Users/maximeb/UnityProject/Archive/pkg#v1.0.0")
Expected result: The "pkg" package should be successfully added
Actual result: The package is not added to the project and an error is printed in the console:
Reproducible with - 2019.4.24f1,2020.3.2f1,2021.1.1f1,2021.2.0a9, 2021.2.0a14
Not reproducible with - 2019.4.23f1,2020.3.1f1,2021.1.0f1,2021.2.0a8
"An error occurred while resolving packages:
Project has invalid dependencies:
pkg: Error when executing git command. fatal: update_ref failed for ref 'HEAD': cannot update ref 'refs/heads/master': trying to write non-commit object 1701a603f21da447f378b943e707522dfd4d5ddc to branch 'refs/heads/master'"
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Mouse inputs cannot be inputted when searching the Shortcuts Menu by type "Shortcut"
- "Debug Assertion Failed!" error when launching Windows Dedicated Server Player with Script Debugging enabled
- [Cinematic Studio][3D HDRP] Shader warnings thrown in the Console window when creating a new project with Cinematic Studio template
- Autoplay is triggered on Audio Assets when changing Asset Bundle tags
- Inspector Asset Bundle section has no indication for Variants, AssetBundle is written without a space, and Variant dropdown menu is available without setting the Asset Bundle first