Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2019.2.X
Fixed in 2019.1.X
Package Manager throws "Input string was not in a correct format" error when using Locales with "," number separating formats
1. Go to Region & Language Settings in Windows
2. Change "Country or region" to "Poland"
3. Change "Windows display language" to "Latviešu"
4. Open up a new unity project
5. Go to Window -> Package Manager
6. Observe the editor console window
Expected: Console Windows shows no errors
Actual: The Package Manager packages throw "System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format" errors
Reproduced in: 2019.1.0b9, 2019.2.0a7
Could not reproduce with any of 2017.4 versions because the Package Manager was not implemented in these releases yet
Apr 16, 2019 10:50
This major issue should be fixed earlier than in 6 months from now release. This is ridiculous. Not even 2019.1 that is not release yet would have not get fix ?
Mar 31, 2019 14:04
Thanks Steego for the fix. I still don't understand how such a simple fix that causes a critical bug in a central Unity system can't be pushed for 2019.1. This is totally ridiculous, USA is not the center of the world.
Mar 27, 2019 09:25
It's sad. Why not in 2019.1?
Same here with ukrainian settings.
Mar 23, 2019 16:26
A workaround while waiting, replace line 76 in PackageInfo.cs
var version = Convert.ToDouble(shortVersionId.Split('@')); // Works since shortversion acts like a decimal
var version = Convert.ToDouble(shortVersionId.Split('@'), System.Globalization.CultureInfo.InvariantCulture); // Works since shortversion acts like a decimal
You can find this in the package cache, for me this is the path:
You have to re-do this if you update the package manager ui.
Mar 21, 2019 13:18
Yeah, I would like to see this in 2019.1 too :) or even 2018.3.
Mar 19, 2019 13:18
I'm French and have this bug too.
I saw that it's marked fixed in 2019.2. Is this serious ? I can't even use Unity 2019.1.0b8 because of that. I can't imagine such a bug not being corrected for a major Unity version.
Mar 15, 2019 12:10
I'm hitting this in 2019.1.0b7, and the issue says fixed in 2019.2 - is it not getting fixed in 2019.1?
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Android] Text input field doesn't disappear when pressing "Enter" on the keyboard connected to a device and HideMobileInput is disabled
- WebGL Player flickers and logs warnings when viewport is resized and "Linear" Color Space is used
- Rigidbody recalculates its center of mass when moving its child Trigger Collider
- Sprites with different indexes than indicated in Text field of Label Inspector are being rendered
- VFX rendering a sphere when using a custom mesh
Resolution Note (fix version 2019.2):
Fixed in 2019.1.0b10