Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.1.X
Out of memory when minimizing GPU-bound Vulkan player with run-in-background enabled
Unity switches to an "offscreen swapchain" when minimizing a Player that uses Vulkan.
Currently we don't throttle, so if the project is GPU bound we end end up queueing more and more frames.
Happens with project of https://fogbugz.unity3d.com/f/cases/1367351/
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Variable is set to a different value from the selected enum value in the Editor dropdown
- TreeView Child display toggle styling becomes reversed when clicking and dragging it
- Null is returned when using FocusOutEvent.relatedTarget
- Unity_BaseInstanceID is always zero when rendering multiple meshes and instancing with the same buffer
- UI Document button's text does not resize relatively when size in percentage (%) is used
Jan 20, 2022 18:42
Vulkan still causing memory leaks on 2022, but not necessarily for this exact issue (although its been vaguely used as a duplicate for other issues).
Any large scene with lots of graphics can easily cause vulkan to request 8 gb or more of memory, which is a no-go with mobile devices.