Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.2.X
Fixed in 2018.4.X, 2019.4.X
[ECS] “Out of memory” error in WebGL build when GameObject with multiple children objects has Convert To Entity Component
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached project "1254779.zip"
2. Open the "Test" Scene
3. Build and run the WebGL Player
Expected result: an empty screen with a skybox is displayed
Actual result: a grey screen is displayed and after ~5 seconds "Out of memory" alert message appears
Reproducible with: 2019.4.8f1 (0.8.0-preview.8, 0.11.1-preview.4), 2020.1.2f1 (0.13.0-preview.24), 2020.2.0a20
Not reproducible with: 2018.4.26f1 (0.0.12-preview.24), 2019.4.8f1 (0.7.0-preview.19)
- Only reproduces when Convert To Entity Component's parameter "Conversion Mode" is set to "Convert And Destroy"
- Only reproduces when the "EntityObj" GameObject has two or more Sphere GameObjects as its children
- Reproduces on Google Chrome (84.0.4147.105), Microsoft Edge (Chromium) (84.0.522.59), Firefox (79.0) web browsers
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Button highlight state disabled when hovering cursor over smaller sized child UI objects
- "Unity has stopped working" window is skipped when the Editor crashes
- The "Properties..." shortcut does not open the Focused Inspector window when the new GameObject is created
- Editor crashes when using WebCamTexture
- [URP] ShaderKeywords '_MAIN_LIGHT_SHADOWS' and '_ADDITIONAL_LIGHT_SHADOWS' are always enabled in the Editor