Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.2.X
Fixed in 2018.4.X, 2019.4.X
[ECS] “Out of memory” error in WebGL build when GameObject with multiple children objects has Convert To Entity Component
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached project "1254779.zip"
2. Open the "Test" Scene
3. Build and run the WebGL Player
Expected result: an empty screen with a skybox is displayed
Actual result: a grey screen is displayed and after ~5 seconds "Out of memory" alert message appears
Reproducible with: 2019.4.8f1 (0.8.0-preview.8, 0.11.1-preview.4), 2020.1.2f1 (0.13.0-preview.24), 2020.2.0a20
Not reproducible with: 2018.4.26f1 (0.0.12-preview.24), 2019.4.8f1 (0.7.0-preview.19)
- Only reproduces when Convert To Entity Component's parameter "Conversion Mode" is set to "Convert And Destroy"
- Only reproduces when the "EntityObj" GameObject has two or more Sphere GameObjects as its children
- Reproduces on Google Chrome (84.0.4147.105), Microsoft Edge (Chromium) (84.0.522.59), Firefox (79.0) web browsers
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Graphics Settings RP Asset is changed to None when you press the Escape Key in Object Picker and choose to Continue
- Dedicated Server player crashes on complex HDRP project
- [Mac] Dedicated Server build only decreases Memory usage, CPU time and Build size remain the same as Standalone
- [Linux][Mac] Executing Build And Run with Dedicated Server platform does not open Terminal
- [deprecated] BuildOptions.EnableHeadlessMode needs clearer warning for its conflicts with BuildOptions.subtarget field