Search Issue Tracker
[OSX] Input.GetKey() fails to detect keyboard input.
The input script has issue to detect keyboard input on OSX Editor and Player. The affected functions are:
1. Open attached project and enter Playmode
2. Press keys on keyboard
3. Observe the Game view window and Console messages
4. Hold a couple of keys down, and then press another key on keyboard
5. Check the result
Actual: Sometimes, the detection for keyboard input is delayed. In some cases, it is missed completely.
Happens to: 2020.1.0a23
- The issue seems to happen randomly. Just need to keep pressing keys and it would repro eventually.
- It seems easier to repro the issue with keys above the Space Bar (C, V, B, N, M)
- In Player, the issue is not as bad as in Editor. A way to repro is to hold A, S, D key down, then press Z, X or C.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Filters dropdown: Window doesn't rescale on items collapse
- Sprite Preview is broken when the Sprite is too tall or too wide
- Objects are invisible in Scene view when using Wireframe Shading Mode
- Physics.Raycast does not work when used on the whole model
- Shader Graph changes the Position of Prefab instances in Play mode
Resolution Note (2020.1.X):
We were able to reproduce the issue. However, the default Mac keyboards do not support pressing more than 4 keys at a time reliably. If you plug in a gaming keyboard with anti-ghosting, you will be able to easily press keys reliably. If you plug in a keyboard with n-key rollover, you can get many, many keys at once. This is a limitation of the hardware, but the default macOS driver will support gaming keyboards out of the box and resolve the issue without special drivers. See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rollover_(key) for more details.