Search Issue Tracker
[OpenVR] Entered playmode with unsupported gfx api = crash
- OpenVR is preffered SDK
- OpenVR supported headset is plugged in (CV1 or Vive)
- Graphics API auto is unchecked and an unsupported API(9 or 12) is selected
Now enter play mode and observe the crash.
What happens OpenVR:
What happens Oculus SDK:
-falls back to VR device none (or w/e is next in the list).
Workaround: Select graphics api auto or d3d11.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Reflection Probe doesn't load until it's selected in the Hierarchy window when the project has been opened
- "ArgumentNullException" error in the Console when selecting certain ScriptableObjects and entering Play Mode
- Configurable joints become bouncier when setting "Bounciness" below 1
- Prefabs get corrupted when editing Particle System curves
- Colors on images become darker when enabling "Vertex Color Always in Gamma Color Space"
Nov 29, 2016 18:20
Is there any update on the progress on this? Support for multiple GPUs in dx12 while using VR is a very important feature for me.
Jul 13, 2016 17:44
DirectX 12 may be considered "unsupported" as described in this bug report, but it is listed as "On Track" for 5.4's release this month. DirectX 12 should work with OpenVR if it will be considered stable for release. This is the stack trace I get for this error:
0x00007FF66A9BD405 (ff) RenderSettings::GetLinearFogEnd
0x00007FF66A9B139D (ff) RenderSettings::GetLinearFogEnd
0x00007FF66A9B020C (ff) RegisterModule_VR
0x00007FF66A55293D (ff) CallbackArray1<bool>::Invoke
0x00007FF66A611826 (ff) PlayerWinMain
0x00007FF66AAC2044 (ff) RectT<int>::GetYMax
0x00007FF8ABB28102 (KERNEL32) BaseThreadInitThunk
Case ID# 810208 is where I reported this issue.