Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.2.X
Fixed in 2019.4.X, 2020.3.X, 2021.2.X, 2022.1.X
On Windows preprocessed Lit.shader file stops mid-line when file size is near or more than 2GB
How to reproduce:
1. Create a new project
2. Install the "High Definition RP" package from the Package Manager (Window > Package Manager)
3. In the Project window select Packages/HDRP/Runtime/Materials/Lit/Lit.shader
4. In the inspector, enable "Preprocess only" and disable "Strip #line directives"
5. Hit the small triangle next to "Compile and show code" to expand the menu and select "All platforms"
6. Click "Compile and Show Code"
Expected result: File grows as big as needed and contains all data
Actual result: On Windows code randomly stops being printed mid-line and file size is 2,097,153KB
Reproducible with: 2020.3.22f1, 2021.1.28f1, 2021.2.2f1, 2022.1.0a14
Could not test with: 2019.4.30f1 (option "Preprocess only" is missing)
- Seems to only happen when the preprocessed file is close to or above 2GB, on Windows this files' size is capped at 2,097,153KB
- On Mac this issue was fixed can be found here https://issuetracker.unity3d.com/product/unity/issues/guid/1357761
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Dropdown menu covers the button when there is no space for it from below
- WebCamDevice only returns one rear-facing camera when built on Android
- Reimporting a Scripted Importer Asset when Profiler is recording will make it null
- Created Import Issue Asset doesn't show up in the Project window until the Unity Editor is restarted
- [Android] Application name with an ampersand is removed and replaced with an underscore in 2021 LTS and up