Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.4.4
[shaders] Mac shader compiler runs out of memory on complex surface shaders (e.g. Blacksmith Characters pack), 5.4+
Importing "The Blacksmith: Characters" asset, the editor gives an error "Protocol error - failed to read correct magic number". The shader compiler crashes, probably due to out of memory.
1. What happened
Import "The Blacksmith: Characters" asset and see a shader compiler error. The project plays, but character models are pink.
2. How we can reproduce it using the example you attached
- Download and import the "The Blacksmith: Characters" asset from the Asset store;
- After the import is finished see the error in the console:
"Shader compiler: internal error preprocessing shader: Protocol error - failed to read correct magic number". The Volund_StandardCharacterSpecilarSurface shader has failed importing.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [VCS] Improve UI/UX of connection params (history of previous params, auto-find p4config, etc.)
- [VCS] After working offline in Perforce, show UI for "p4 reconcile" or some other way of getting in sync
- [VCS] UI lacks a File History window (note: needs plugin changes, UI work)
- [VCS] Version Control window context menu: add "Open in P4V" and tweak wording
- [VCS] Perforce/etc. settings could really use a separate entry in Project Settings sidebar