Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.4.4
[shaders] Mac shader compiler runs out of memory on complex surface shaders (e.g. Blacksmith Characters pack), 5.4+
Importing "The Blacksmith: Characters" asset, the editor gives an error "Protocol error - failed to read correct magic number". The shader compiler crashes, probably due to out of memory.
1. What happened
Import "The Blacksmith: Characters" asset and see a shader compiler error. The project plays, but character models are pink.
2. How we can reproduce it using the example you attached
- Download and import the "The Blacksmith: Characters" asset from the Asset store;
- After the import is finished see the error in the console:
"Shader compiler: internal error preprocessing shader: Protocol error - failed to read correct magic number". The Volund_StandardCharacterSpecilarSurface shader has failed importing.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [OSX] Editor windows flicker in Play Mode when dragging and docking windows with Metal Editor Support enabled
- Popup Window propagates input in its calling Window underneath and all other Windows
- [XR] Vulkan graphics device lacks support for additional graphics queue when using Oculus XR provider
- [TransformTool] Shift rotate always reset the rotation value when used
- Editor stops repainting and throws exceptions when creating new Scene inside AssetDatabase.StartAssetEditing()