Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.4.4
[shaders] Mac shader compiler runs out of memory on complex surface shaders (e.g. Blacksmith Characters pack), 5.4+
Importing "The Blacksmith: Characters" asset, the editor gives an error "Protocol error - failed to read correct magic number". The shader compiler crashes, probably due to out of memory.
1. What happened
Import "The Blacksmith: Characters" asset and see a shader compiler error. The project plays, but character models are pink.
2. How we can reproduce it using the example you attached
- Download and import the "The Blacksmith: Characters" asset from the Asset store;
- After the import is finished see the error in the console:
"Shader compiler: internal error preprocessing shader: Protocol error - failed to read correct magic number". The Volund_StandardCharacterSpecilarSurface shader has failed importing.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Animation] Animation Clips are populated from the Animator, but not the Animation Component
- [Mobile] Using "RGB(A) Compressed ASTC" Compressor Quality produces artifacts
- OnValidate fails to Undo the changes when one variable depends on another
- Invalid REST API request received - unauthorized client ip address is thrown when connecting to 'local_ip:38000' in a browser
- [IL2CPP] converting double to uint32 results in wrong value