Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2023.1.X
Object cannot be picked from the Object Picker when calling UnityEngine.GUI.FocusControl(null) in custom Editor GUI
1. Open the user's attached project "Object Picker Issue.zip"
2. Select "ObjectWithCustomInspector" in the Hierarchy window
3. Open the Object Picker of the "Example Object Field" in the Inspector.
4. Double click any of the assets (ExampleSO1, ExampleSO2, or ExampleSO3)
Expected result: The selected asset populates the field
Actual result: The field remains empty
Reproducible with: 2020.3.32f1, 2021.2.19f1, 2022.1.0b14, 2022.2.0a9
Could not test with: 2019.4.37f1 (Script compilation errors)
Workaround: Dragging the asset from the Project window to the field in the Inspector window
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- User gets errors in the console when enters longer tag title
- “UnityException: Could not find the requested Platform Texture Settings” is thrown when multi-selecting textures
- Light's Culling Mask does not work with Scriptable Renderer Feature when having only one Culling Mask
- "TouchScreenKeyboard.hideInput" triggers numerous errors & breaks function when built for Android
- Meta Quest performance loss between URP versions when built