Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2023.1.X
Object cannot be picked from the Object Picker when calling UnityEngine.GUI.FocusControl(null) in custom Editor GUI
1. Open the user's attached project "Object Picker Issue.zip"
2. Select "ObjectWithCustomInspector" in the Hierarchy window
3. Open the Object Picker of the "Example Object Field" in the Inspector.
4. Double click any of the assets (ExampleSO1, ExampleSO2, or ExampleSO3)
Expected result: The selected asset populates the field
Actual result: The field remains empty
Reproducible with: 2020.3.32f1, 2021.2.19f1, 2022.1.0b14, 2022.2.0a9
Could not test with: 2019.4.37f1 (Script compilation errors)
Workaround: Dragging the asset from the Project window to the field in the Inspector window
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Silicon] Crash on ScriptableRenderLoopJob when machine is left idle while the Editor is in Play mode
- [Android] GraphicsBuffer.CopyCount does not work with Append Compute Buffer after Compute Shader Dispatch on some Android devices
- "DirectoryNotFoundException" error when building a project via script in one folder, then building via Editor in another, deleting the folder built via Editor and rebuilding via Script
- New items are created and old ones remain in memory when using 'treeView.SetRootItems(items)' and 'treeView.Rebuild()' which can cause a memory leak
- Code continues to run after enabling the Frame Debugger when in paused Play Mode and using 'WaitForSecondsRealtime' coroutine