Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2023.1.X
Object cannot be picked from the Object Picker when calling UnityEngine.GUI.FocusControl(null) in custom Editor GUI
1. Open the user's attached project "Object Picker Issue.zip"
2. Select "ObjectWithCustomInspector" in the Hierarchy window
3. Open the Object Picker of the "Example Object Field" in the Inspector.
4. Double click any of the assets (ExampleSO1, ExampleSO2, or ExampleSO3)
Expected result: The selected asset populates the field
Actual result: The field remains empty
Reproducible with: 2020.3.32f1, 2021.2.19f1, 2022.1.0b14, 2022.2.0a9
Could not test with: 2019.4.37f1 (Script compilation errors)
Workaround: Dragging the asset from the Project window to the field in the Inspector window
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- TreeView Child display toggle styling becomes reversed when clicking and dragging it
- Null is returned when using FocusOutEvent.relatedTarget
- Unity_BaseInstanceID is always zero when rendering multiple meshes and instancing with the same buffer
- UI Document button's text does not resize relatively when size in percentage (%) is used
- Event.current.mousePosition has an offset of 1px along the y-axis in WebGL build when the mouse button is released
Resolution Note (fix version 2023.1):
Fixed in: 2023.1.0a3