Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2019.2
NullReferenceException when previewing assets on Unity Package import
When importing a Unity Package with the "Import Unity Package" window open, if you click on an asset that can be previewed and then click on another asset that can be previewed, a NullReferenceException will occur.
NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
UnityEditor.PopupWindow.OnGUI () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/GUI/PopupWindow.cs:93)
1. Open Unity
2. Open the attached project
3. In the Project Browser, navigate to Packages > TextMesh Pro > Package Resources
4. Open TMP Examples & Extras.unitypackage
5. When the Import window appears, scroll down to the Textures folder
6. Click on a texture to preview it
7. Click on another texture to preview it
The texture can be previewed and no errors appear in the console.
The texture preview does not appear and a NullReferenceException occurs.
Tested on Windows.
Reproduced on 2019.1.0a9, 2019.1.0a10, 2019.1.0a12, 2019.1.0b1, 2019.1.0b6, 2019.2.0a8, 2018.3.7f1
Cannot reproduce on 2019.1.0a1, 2019.1.0a7, 2019.1.0a8
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Texture Importer Inspector throws errors when a built-in texture inspector is overwritten in C#
- ArgumentOutOfRangeException error is thrown when selecting a message printed in the Console with specific string
- [macOS] VideoPlayer.clockTime gets stuck for a few frames when starting to play a video
- VideoPlayer.StepForward() does not VideoPlayer.OnFrameReady when using a non-transcoded video
- [Android] A few frames of audio is played when VideoPlayer.Prepare() is called with audio output mode set to Audio Source