Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2019.2.X
NullReferenceException when previewing assets on Unity Package import
When importing a Unity Package with the "Import Unity Package" window open, if you click on an asset that can be previewed and then click on another asset that can be previewed, a NullReferenceException will occur.
NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
UnityEditor.PopupWindow.OnGUI () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/GUI/PopupWindow.cs:93)
1. Open Unity
2. Open the attached project
3. In the Project Browser, navigate to Packages > TextMesh Pro > Package Resources
4. Open TMP Examples & Extras.unitypackage
5. When the Import window appears, scroll down to the Textures folder
6. Click on a texture to preview it
7. Click on another texture to preview it
The texture can be previewed and no errors appear in the console.
The texture preview does not appear and a NullReferenceException occurs.
Tested on Windows.
Reproduced on 2019.1.0a9, 2019.1.0a10, 2019.1.0a12, 2019.1.0b1, 2019.1.0b6, 2019.2.0a8, 2018.3.7f1
Cannot reproduce on 2019.1.0a1, 2019.1.0a7, 2019.1.0a8
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Windows Standalone player builds with Mono scripting backend don't run on fresh windows installs
- RootEditor predicate for GameObjects disables Drag and Drop in the Scene View
- Slider OnValueChanged event is not called when changing value from the Inspector
- [Static Analysis] Defect 672865 in Modules/QuickSearch/Editor/QueryEngine/QueryToken.cs
- [HDRP]Template Light Map is corrupted on first launch before rebaking