Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2019.2.X
NullReferenceException when previewing assets on Unity Package import
When importing a Unity Package with the "Import Unity Package" window open, if you click on an asset that can be previewed and then click on another asset that can be previewed, a NullReferenceException will occur.
NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
UnityEditor.PopupWindow.OnGUI () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/GUI/PopupWindow.cs:93)
1. Open Unity
2. Open the attached project
3. In the Project Browser, navigate to Packages > TextMesh Pro > Package Resources
4. Open TMP Examples & Extras.unitypackage
5. When the Import window appears, scroll down to the Textures folder
6. Click on a texture to preview it
7. Click on another texture to preview it
The texture can be previewed and no errors appear in the console.
The texture preview does not appear and a NullReferenceException occurs.
Tested on Windows.
Reproduced on 2019.1.0a9, 2019.1.0a10, 2019.1.0a12, 2019.1.0b1, 2019.1.0b6, 2019.2.0a8, 2018.3.7f1
Cannot reproduce on 2019.1.0a1, 2019.1.0a7, 2019.1.0a8
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Android] Italic Font Style differs between Editor and devices
- Buttons can be Clicked on a different Display than they are seen
- SetRenderTarget does not correctly display the texture when depthSlice is set to -1
- [2D] Texture 2D Array preview looks corrupted when Mip Map Filtering is set to Box at different Mip levels
- [HDRP][XR] Shadergraph tessellation work differently with XR