Search Issue Tracker
Found in [Package]
NullReferenceException when exiting PlayMode in test
How to reproduce:
1. Open attached Unity project
2. Open Test Runner window
3. Select PlayMode tests
4. Run tests
5. Observe console
Expected result: PlayMode exists successfully.
Actual result: NullReferenceException is thrown.
Reproduced with: 2022.2.0a4, 2022.2.0a1, 2022.1.0b7, 2022.1.0a1, 2021.2.11f1, 2021.2.0a1, 2020.3.29f1, 2020.3.0f1, 2019.4.36f1, 2019.4.0f1.
NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
UnityEngine.TestTools.TestRunner.PlaymodeTestsController+<TestRunnerCoroutine>d__15.MoveNext () (at Library/PackageCachefirstname.lastname@example.org/UnityEngine.TestRunner/TestRunner/PlaymodeTestsController.cs:74)
UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (System.Collections.IEnumerator enumerator, System.IntPtr returnValueAddress) (at <84f51b1b0ff2473ca787c217e1eda8b9>:0)
This mostly causes issues when there is DontDestroyOnLoad object with a static value in a scene. It remains through all the tests and it's not unloaded between tests.
In the attached image you can see that test fails because it's canceled by user.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Mouse inputs cannot be inputted when searching the Shortcuts Menu by type "Shortcut"
- "Debug Assertion Failed!" error when launching Windows Dedicated Server Player with Script Debugging enabled
- [Cinematic Studio][3D HDRP] Shader warnings thrown in the Console window when creating a new project with Cinematic Studio template
- Autoplay is triggered on Audio Assets when changing Asset Bundle tags
- Inspector Asset Bundle section has no indication for Variants, AssetBundle is written without a space, and Variant dropdown menu is available without setting the Asset Bundle first