Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.2.X
NullReferenceException thrown when calling GetWindow<>() inside ShowWindow() when called from [InitializeOnLoad] class
1. Open the attached project "1325267Test.zip"
2. In the Project window/Assets folder, create a new script file to cause script recompilation
Expected result: No exceptions are thrown and the "TestWindow" window is shown
Actual result: "System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object" exception is thrown and the "TestWindow" window isn't shown
Reproducible with: 2021.1.0a2, 2021.1.2f1, 2021.2.0a3
Not reproducible with: 2018.4.33f1, 2019.4.24f1, 2020.3.3f1, 2021.1.0a1, 2021.2.0a4, 2021.2.0a12
Note: Sometimes it is not necessary to cause recompilation yourself by creating a new script file, recompilation might happen upon opening of the project
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Camera active Texture is not written if another camera has a Script using "OnRenderImage"
- The Camera's background color is white when the device Appearance is "Light Mode"
- Particle System isn't culled off-screen when the Culling Mode is set to Automatic and the Simulation Space is set to World
- Main Player window is moved to the primary display when it's launched on a 3rd monitor and the 2nd monitor is activated
- Crash on Mesh::RecalculateBounds when assigning not enough vertices for two submeshes