Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2019.3.X
NullReferenceException occurs on reloading the Inspector with a C# script selected
If you have a C# script selected in Project View and the inspector is reloaded (either by recompiling or importing/refreshing the file), a NullReferenceException will occur.
NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
UnityEditor.Experimental.AssetImporters.AssetImporterEditor.InternalSetTargets (UnityEngine.Object t) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/AssetPipelineEditor/ImportSettings/AssetImporterEditor.cs:122)
UnityEditor.Editor.OnForceReloadInspector () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Inspector/Editor.cs:603)
1. Open Unity
2. Open the attached project
3. Find TestScript in the Project View and select it so the Inspector displays info about it
4. Right Click on the TestScript and Reimport
5. Right Click on the TestScript and Refresh
You can also see this happen by double clicking the TestScript in Project View to open it in a code editor, make changes and then return to the editor. The error will occur after recompiling.
No errors appear in the console.
A NullReferenceException occurs in the console.
Tested on Windows.
Reproduced on 2019.3.0a4
Cannot Reproduce on 2019.2.0b3, 2019.3.0a2, 2019.3.0a3
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Quest 2] Surface shader and multi-view sampling custom textures broken in Quest 2
- Lighting Data asset is not created when baking multiple Scenes at the same time
- Performance issues when instantiating a recognizer under UnityEngine.Windows.Speech
- Build fails with "Exception: Unity.IL2CPP.Building.BuilderFailedException: Build failed with 0 successful nodes and 0 failed ones" when building the project for iOS
- [Android] .aab Build fails when using Asset Bundles