Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2019.3.X
NullReferenceException occurs on reloading the Inspector with a C# script selected
If you have a C# script selected in Project View and the inspector is reloaded (either by recompiling or importing/refreshing the file), a NullReferenceException will occur.
NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
UnityEditor.Experimental.AssetImporters.AssetImporterEditor.InternalSetTargets (UnityEngine.Object t) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/AssetPipelineEditor/ImportSettings/AssetImporterEditor.cs:122)
UnityEditor.Editor.OnForceReloadInspector () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Inspector/Editor.cs:603)
1. Open Unity
2. Open the attached project
3. Find TestScript in the Project View and select it so the Inspector displays info about it
4. Right Click on the TestScript and Reimport
5. Right Click on the TestScript and Refresh
You can also see this happen by double clicking the TestScript in Project View to open it in a code editor, make changes and then return to the editor. The error will occur after recompiling.
No errors appear in the console.
A NullReferenceException occurs in the console.
Tested on Windows.
Reproduced on 2019.3.0a4
Cannot Reproduce on 2019.2.0b3, 2019.3.0a2, 2019.3.0a3
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- OnApplicationPause pauseStatus is incorrect after losing focus on macOS
- Animator Blend Tree weight defaults to 0 for a frame when AnimationClipPlayable is created with script in Play Mode
- Memory gets allocated for GC each frame when using PrefabStageUtility.GetPrefabStage
- Light brightness gets intense until the 'Lightmap Encoding' quality is changed when baking Lightmap
- [Preset] Some properties cannot be excluded from Texture Importer Preset through the Inspector window