Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 2018.2
NullReferenceException in InspectorWindow.OnSelectionChange if asset is selected while being passed to AssetDatabase.ImportAsset
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open attached project
2. In top menu, open "Window > Weaver > Layer Linker"
3. In project tab select "Assets/Weaver/Layers.cs"
4. Back in Layer Linker window click on any of the layers (buttons named "Default", "TransparentFX" etc.)
5. Enter play mode
6. When Layer Linker dialog appears click "Apply and Generate Script"
7. Notice NullReferenceException in console originating at: UnityEditor.InspectorWindow.OnSelectionChange () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Inspector/InspectorWindow.cs:134)
Reproduced with: 5.3.1f1, 5.3.7f1, 5.4.3p1, 5.5.0f2, 5.6.0a3
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [XR][Vulkan] LWRP using stereo instancing renders to only one eye when SRP batcher is enabled
- Unity Unit Tests process terminated in CLI mode because of XR Manager
- Resetting a Preset removes its type and renders it useless
- [LWRP] Add to list button gives empty list when trying to add features to the Forward Renderer
- Inspector blinks / flickers once when Inspector is visible, any object from the Hierarchy is selected and a script is recompiled