Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 2018.2
NullReferenceException errors are thrown when Scriptable Objects with missing scripts are selected
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached project
2. Selected two or more Scriptable Objects from "Assets/MyTiles"
3. Move the cursor over the Inspector window
4. Open the Tile Palette
Expected result: These actions do not result in NullReferenceExceptions or the errors have user-friendly descriptions.
Actual result: The upper-mentioned actions result in multiple NullReferenceExcetion errors (in the Console).
Reproducible with - 2017.3.0p2, 2017.4.5f1, 2018.1.0b1, 2018.1.5f1, 2018.2.0b8, 2018.3.0a1
Not reproducible with - 2017.1.4p1, 2017.2.3p1, 2017.3.0p1, 2018.1.0a7
The error message:
UnityEditor.InspectorWindow.HasLabel (UnityEngine.Object target, System.String assetPath) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Inspector/InspectorWindow.cs:715)
UnityEditor.InspectorWindow.HasLabel (UnityEngine.Object target) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Inspector/InspectorWindow.cs:710)
System.Collections.Generic.List`1[UnityEngine.Object].AddEnumerable (IEnumerable`1 enumerable) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Collections.Generic/List.cs:128)
Backported to: 2018.2.0f1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [UWP] Player is not deployed correctly through "Build and Run" and causes BuildFailedException: Deployment failed.
- [XR][GearVR] GrabPass does not function properly when using GearVR and Single Pass Instancing.
- GfxDeviceWorker crash when in playmode after upgrading project to 2018.3
- [ShaderGraph] BooleanShaderProperty uses wrong property attribute (creates keywords)
- Crash when attempting to undo an "apply" action to an upgraded disconnected prefab