Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.4.0
Null reference exception when dragging prefab onto scene of other Unity instance
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open two instances of Unity with different projects (Can be newly created)
2. From one Unity instance drag any GameObject or Prefab onto Scene view of another Unity instance.
3. Check the console.
Expected result: Empty.
Actual result: Error message appears.
NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
UnityEditor.SpriteUtility.GenerateDefaultSprite (UnityEngine.Texture2D texture)
On 5.40b10 always reproduces.
On 5.3.4f1 sometimes does not reproduce.
On 5.2.4f1 does not reproduce at all.
Regression from 5.2.4f1.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Packages cannot be added from a registry that returns invalid publish dates [Windows-only]
- Physics.SyncColliderTransforms syncs every collider when the local position hasn't changed
- [GPU PLM] Part of baked shadows are broken when hitting a backface
- [DX12] Nothing is being rendered when using Alt+Enter to maximize a resized windowed player
- [DX12] Player freezes and/or crashes when switching between full screen modes