Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.4.0
Null reference exception when dragging prefab onto scene of other Unity instance
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open two instances of Unity with different projects (Can be newly created)
2. From one Unity instance drag any GameObject or Prefab onto Scene view of another Unity instance.
3. Check the console.
Expected result: Empty.
Actual result: Error message appears.
NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
UnityEditor.SpriteUtility.GenerateDefaultSprite (UnityEngine.Texture2D texture)
On 5.40b10 always reproduces.
On 5.3.4f1 sometimes does not reproduce.
On 5.2.4f1 does not reproduce at all.
Regression from 5.2.4f1.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Backport] [Sprite Atlas V1] Editor crashes when calling SpriteAtlasUtility.PackAtlases
- Deterministic builds have different files when built from the same project
- PlayerBuildInterface.ExtraTypesProvider no longer provides types to IL2CPP
- Touch input is reset in Device Simulator when Unity Remote is killed
- [Vulkan] Green pixelated Visual Element area in Editor when right-clicking on the title bar