Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.4.0
Null reference exception when dragging prefab onto scene of other Unity instance
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open two instances of Unity with different projects (Can be newly created)
2. From one Unity instance drag any GameObject or Prefab onto Scene view of another Unity instance.
3. Check the console.
Expected result: Empty.
Actual result: Error message appears.
NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
UnityEditor.SpriteUtility.GenerateDefaultSprite (UnityEngine.Texture2D texture)
On 5.40b10 always reproduces.
On 5.3.4f1 sometimes does not reproduce.
On 5.2.4f1 does not reproduce at all.
Regression from 5.2.4f1.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [x86] Custom function with float return Type returns NaN values in Build when built to Windows x86 release
- Lightmap visualization tonemapping isn't working on Editor start
- [MacOS] Edit menu bar commands(Select All/Copy/Paste) are not functioning in Native Windows created by the Editor
- [2D Path] Box selection for objects inheriting GenericScriptablePath is offset on the Y-axis
- You cannot edit the Materials in the Import Settings when you have multiple Import Settings selected