Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.4.0
Null reference exception when dragging prefab onto scene of other Unity instance
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open two instances of Unity with different projects (Can be newly created)
2. From one Unity instance drag any GameObject or Prefab onto Scene view of another Unity instance.
3. Check the console.
Expected result: Empty.
Actual result: Error message appears.
NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
UnityEditor.SpriteUtility.GenerateDefaultSprite (UnityEngine.Texture2D texture)
On 5.40b10 always reproduces.
On 5.3.4f1 sometimes does not reproduce.
On 5.2.4f1 does not reproduce at all.
Regression from 5.2.4f1.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Vulkan] Wrong aspect ratio in fullscreen of Standalone build when selected screen resolution is not native
- [iOS 12] [Metal] IOAF code 4 error freeze because of tessellation shader
- 'A tree couldn't be loaded because the prefab is missing' error is thrown when importing package with Terrain Asset with Trees
- [Mac] Crash on ioAccelResourceListAddNewGroupAndResource when importing a large COLLADA model
- Prefab referenced Game Object is not removed from the Scene files when the reference field gets deleted