Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 5.4.0
Null reference exception when dragging prefab onto scene of other Unity instance
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open two instances of Unity with different projects (Can be newly created)
2. From one Unity instance drag any GameObject or Prefab onto Scene view of another Unity instance.
3. Check the console.
Expected result: Empty.
Actual result: Error message appears.
NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
UnityEditor.SpriteUtility.GenerateDefaultSprite (UnityEngine.Texture2D texture)
On 5.40b10 always reproduces.
On 5.3.4f1 sometimes does not reproduce.
On 5.2.4f1 does not reproduce at all.
Regression from 5.2.4f1.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [OSX][Settings] When using only the new ISX as Input Handling, mouse position and scroll are still detected by the old system.
- [Scripting] Input Action fails to re-enable after disabled.
- [MacOS] "Bloom" does not work in Standalone Build
- Mesh.CombineMeshes result has different normals if the original mesh has tweaked normals and scale
- [Hub] In licence error screen https://unity3d.com/unity/err/license redirects to not found website