Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.2.X
Fixed in 2018.4.X, 2019.3.X, 2020.1.X
Null reference exception is thrown when applying modified Button UI component property to prefab
How to reproduce:
1. Open attached project "cannot-apply-prefab_stripped3.zip" and scene "ui_Menu"
2. In Hierarchy window, select a child named "Btn_Purchase"
3. In Inspector window, right click on the "Button (Script)" -> "Modified Component" -> "Apply to prefab 'Screen_PremiumShop' "
4. Observe Console window
Expected result: the prefab modifications are applied
Actual result: errors are thrown
Reproducible with: 2018.4.5f1, 2019.1.13f1, 2019.2.0f1, 2019.3.0a11
Could not test with: 2017.4 due to old prefab system
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Long Prefab save times when using Unity 2022.2 and higher
- Console displays error "UnityException: Creating asset at path Assets/Scenes/ .scenetemplate failed." during scene template saving
- "Development Build" watermark is shown in non-development UWP release builds
- Console errors appear when the Inspector is set to Debug and a GameObject is selected
- A script public variable value is not used when set in the Inspector window
Resolution Note (fix version 2020.2):
Fixed in: 2020.2.0a1
Resolution Note (fix version 2020.1):
Fixed in 2020.1.0a26
Resolution Note (fix version 2019.3):
Resolution Note (fix version 2018.4):