Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.2
Fixed in 2018.4, 2019.3, 2020.1
Null reference exception is thrown when applying modified Button UI component property to prefab
How to reproduce:
1. Open attached project "cannot-apply-prefab_stripped3.zip" and scene "ui_Menu"
2. In Hierarchy window, select a child named "Btn_Purchase"
3. In Inspector window, right click on the "Button (Script)" -> "Modified Component" -> "Apply to prefab 'Screen_PremiumShop' "
4. Observe Console window
Expected result: the prefab modifications are applied
Actual result: errors are thrown
Reproducible with: 2018.4.5f1, 2019.1.13f1, 2019.2.0f1, 2019.3.0a11
Could not test with: 2017.4 due to old prefab system
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Building subscenes without platform package doesn't work
- Picking stacked objects always selects prefab
- OnValueChange persistent listeners are not being called when "Enter Play Mode Settings" options is checked
- [Textures] CubemapArray API forces duplicate code because you cannot access individual cubemaps directly
- [UIR] Certain items in the window bounce/flicker when resizing the window and the display scaling is set to 125% or 150%