Search Issue Tracker
[WebGL] Normal maps are inverted when loading a scene asynchronously using Addressables
How to reproduce:
1. Open the "LoaderScene" in the attached "NormalMapIssue" project
2. Make sure Addressables package is installed
3. Build Player Content in the Addressables menu
4. Build a project for WebGL
5. Enter play mode
6. Compare the build and the Game Window
Expected results: In the Build, the chair is lit the same way it is lit in the Game Window
Actual results: The chair is lit differently in the Build
Reproducible width: 2018.4.11f1, 2019.2.9f1, 2019.3.0b6, 2020.1.0a8 (package ver. 0.8.4, 1.2.4)
1. A project could not be tested on Unity versions 2017.4.33f1 due to missing Package Manager
2. The issue does not reproduce in Windows & Mac builds
3. Package versions 0.8.4 and earlier do not contain LoadSceneAsync() method
4. A custom awaiter has been used in this project to wait for LoadSceneAsync results, however, using a Coroutine does not affect the outcome
Jun 13, 2022 10:45
PBS childerns choice for braile.
Apr 14, 2020 22:00
How long this bug will be in "Active" state?
Does it really have to take a year to fix a bug?
Mar 27, 2020 11:21
Reproducible in Unity 2020.1.0b3 as well.
Feb 22, 2020 11:10
The "default" setting helps so it doesnt get inverted. But a textured applied as a normal map with the default setting is still not correctly displayed. This is only semi-working.
Feb 21, 2020 01:09
Feb 20, 2020 13:58
Reproducible in Unity 2019.3.0f6 as well.
Feb 11, 2020 13:14
Please, can you at least give us a workaround for this? Tried to override the cginc used for this, but to no avail.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Variable is set to a different value from the selected enum value in the Editor dropdown
- TreeView Child display toggle styling becomes reversed when clicking and dragging it
- Null is returned when using FocusOutEvent.relatedTarget
- Unity_BaseInstanceID is always zero when rendering multiple meshes and instancing with the same buffer
- UI Document button's text does not resize relatively when size in percentage (%) is used
Resolution Note (2020.1.X):
We were no longer able to reproduce this problem in 2019.4.3f1 and Addressables 1.8.4.