Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.2.X
Non-child Sub Emitter particles move / shift / teleport when modifying transform and 'Play On Awake' is off
How to reproduce:
1. Open attached project "SubEmittersAndPlayOnAwake.zip" and scene "SampleScene"
2. In Hierarchy, select "Particle System D - Sub Emitter [BUG]"
3. Enter Play mode
4. In Scene View, wait for green particles and either move, rotate or scale the object (either from Scene view or Inspector)
5. Observe the green particles
Expected result: particles do not jump/teleport/shift unexpectedly
Actual result: particles do jump/teleport/shift unexpectedly
Reproducible with: 2017.4.40f1, 2018.4.22f1, 2019.3.12f1, 2020.1.0b8, 2020.2.0a9
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [macOS] “Input.GetMouseButtonDown” gets set to true when pressing and when releasing the mouse button in the Device Simulator view if "targetFrameRate" is set in the script
- UWP Capabilities are not changed when rebuilding the project
- [Oculus] Lights causing artifacts when Forward+ Rendering is selected
- Game Window Icons are white when in light mode
- Crash on VFXMemorySerializer::StoreObjects when converting to Subgraph Block
Resolution Note (fix version 2020.2):
Using sub-emitters outside the hierarchy of the owning system is not supported. This gives errors if set up via the UI, but maybe the user set it up a different way eg via scripting.
I've added a better error message to explain this situation.