Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2019.3.X
Fixed in 2018.4.X, 2019.2.X
New ScriptableObject variable references are not reloaded when changing branch in VCS until Editor is restarted
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached project ("UnityBug_ScriptableObjectGit")
2. Locate the asset file "ScriptableObjectReferences" and notice that it has 4 references
3. Switch branch to "master" (open a command prompt at the root of the extracted folder and type "git checkout master")
4. Wait until it is complete and switch back to the Unity window.
5. Verify that the asset file "ScriptableObjectReferences" only has 2 fields declared and assigned (Example1, Example2).
6. Switch branch to "exampleBranch" (open a command prompt at the root of the extracted folder and type "git checkout exampleBranch").
7. Observe the "ScriptableObjectReferences" file again
Expected result: The asset references are re-added correctly and show appropriate reference files assigned to them as in the 2nd step
Actual result: The asset file "ScriptableObjectReferences" now has 2 fields with assigned references (Example1, Example2) but the fields "Example1Extra" and "Example2Extra" do not have a reference set. Closing and reopening the Editor will reassign the references correctly.
Reproduced in: 2019.3.0a2, 2019.2.0b2, 2019.1.3f1
Couldn't test with: 2018.4.0f1 (Due to multiple script errors)
Note: You could open the asset file in a text editor and see that the references are correctly assigned in the actual file. When saving the project/performing a diff, no changes are detected.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- TreeView Child display toggle styling becomes reversed when clicking and dragging it
- Null is returned when using FocusOutEvent.relatedTarget
- Unity_BaseInstanceID is always zero when rendering multiple meshes and instancing with the same buffer
- UI Document button's text does not resize relatively when size in percentage (%) is used
- Event.current.mousePosition has an offset of 1px along the y-axis in WebGL build when the mouse button is released
Sep 19, 2019 11:58
This doesn't seem to us to be fixed in 2019.2.6f1 even though it's listed as fixed in the change list.
Jul 22, 2019 07:04
Will this never get fixed for 2019.1.x? There's been 11 updates now, but still no mention of fixing that, and 2019.2 isn't even out yet. Can't be right we have to live with this bug until 2019.3.x?