Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2019.3.X
Fixed in 2018.4.X, 2019.2.X
New ScriptableObject variable references are not reloaded when changing branch in VCS until Editor is restarted
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached project ("UnityBug_ScriptableObjectGit")
2. Locate the asset file "ScriptableObjectReferences" and notice that it has 4 references
3. Switch branch to "master" (open a command prompt at the root of the extracted folder and type "git checkout master")
4. Wait until it is complete and switch back to the Unity window.
5. Verify that the asset file "ScriptableObjectReferences" only has 2 fields declared and assigned (Example1, Example2).
6. Switch branch to "exampleBranch" (open a command prompt at the root of the extracted folder and type "git checkout exampleBranch").
7. Observe the "ScriptableObjectReferences" file again
Expected result: The asset references are re-added correctly and show appropriate reference files assigned to them as in the 2nd step
Actual result: The asset file "ScriptableObjectReferences" now has 2 fields with assigned references (Example1, Example2) but the fields "Example1Extra" and "Example2Extra" do not have a reference set. Closing and reopening the Editor will reassign the references correctly.
Reproduced in: 2019.3.0a2, 2019.2.0b2, 2019.1.3f1
Couldn't test with: 2018.4.0f1 (Due to multiple script errors)
Note: You could open the asset file in a text editor and see that the references are correctly assigned in the actual file. When saving the project/performing a diff, no changes are detected.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Xcode] "InfoPlist (English)" is required when "InfoPlist (English (United States))" already exists
- [tvOS] Crash when closing the On Screen Keyboard with tvOS version <15.0
- Temporal Anti-aliasing (TAA) produces severe artifacting when quality set to Very High
- [iOS] Player crashes when using “WebCamTexture” on specific iOS devices
- [Linux][IL2CPP] Player crash call stack is not displayed when the build is run with "-batchmode -nographics" arguments