Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.2.X
Fixed in 2017.4.X, 2018.4.X, 2019.3.X, 2020.1.X
NavMeshPath sometimes returns bad paths when using Obstacle Carving
How to reproduce the issue:
1. Open the attached project
2. Open the "NavBug" scene
3. Enter Play mode
4. Navigate to the area with text "Mouse around here"
Actual result: The generated path is wrong (screenshot attached).
Expected result: The path should be generated correctly.
Reproducible with: 2018.1.0b1, 2017.3.0f3, 2017.2.1p1, 2017.2.0b1.
The bug is caused by the Sphere which has NavMeshObstacle.Carve set on.
The wrong path occurs when the path is going through the corner point of NavMesh Surface.
Couldn't test 2017.1 and earlier versions because of the compile errors.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Build fails when building with ILCPP Scripting Backend and ARMv7 as the Target Architecture
- Textures turn black in Player when they are referenced by a script instance
- [Android] Virtual device crashes with "Scudo ERROR: invalid chunk state when deallocating address" error in Firebase Test Lab when Optimized Frame Pacing is enabled
- Particle System does not resume when its Culling Mode is set to "Pause" or "Pause and Catch-up," and particle position simulate in world space
- "Custom Render Queue" field cannot be set above "2000" when changing it in the Inspector window using Debug mode