Search Issue Tracker
NavMeshAgent is not added when loading scene from AssetBundle
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open User's attached project
2. Open scene "Main"
3. Press Play. Notice: object is moving, a magenta line is seen, in Console: m_NavMeshAgent.isOnNavMesh:True
4. Build the project
5. Open build
Result: Object is not moving, a magenta line is not seen. NavMeshAgent is not created. Player Log file outputs: m_NavMeshAgent.isOnNavMesh:False
Reproduced with: 5.6.0b5, 5.5.1f1, 5.4.4p3, 5.3.7p2.
Note: reproduced with Windows, macOS, iOS.
1. Create an Empty Object in your scene
2. Add a Nav Mesh Agent component to that Object
3. Build AssetBundle
The issue is that code stripping does not know about the nav mesh in the asset bundle, so it gets stripped out in the build. Use BuildPlayerOptions struct (https://docs.unity3d.com/ScriptReference/BuildPlayerOptions.html) and set the assetBundleManifestPath property to the main asset bundle manifest file generated when asset bundles were built.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Particle System prefab doesn't simulate when in prefab mode and the Editor is playing but paused
- Cannot move/rotate/scale static objects in prefab mode when playing
- No proper error message when mismatching player build and editor version
- PhotoCapture has a very low framerate
- Detail Maps packed differently in Built-in vs URP