Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.1.X
Move Game Object To Unloaded scene on scene unloaded callback is possible, and leaves the object without valid scene
1. Open attached project.
2. Run tests.
Moving game object to scene (which was unloaded), on sceneUnloaded callback is possible. It succedes, then scene is destroyed but object is not unloaded, it stays without valid scene, floating in space. So if user looses reference to that game object, it won't be possible to destroy it.
Although, if unloaded scene does not have path (it means it come from SceneManager.CreateScene in runtime), then game object is stored in DontDestroyOnLoad scene
Expected result: I think gameObject.scene should always be valid. This operation should not be possible at all, or object should be stored in DontDestroyOnLoad.
Reproduced: 2017.2.0b3 (4c2ac554540c)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- "The name 'Unwrapping' does not exist in the current context" is thrown when using Unwrapping.GeneratePerTriangleUV in the Build
- The "Add Component" context menu root level has a parent when is reopened after selecting a Component
- [Android] Crash on memcpy when building for Android Platform
- Cannot create DropdownField with nested choices when using UIToolkit
- Lightmaps are baked incorrectly for GameObjects when their Position is <=-2048 or >=2048 on any of the coordinates