Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.2.X
Fixed in 2020.3.X, 2021.1.X
Mouse selection in Physics Debugger prioritizes Mesh GameObjects over GameObjects with colliders
1. Open user's project "PysicsSelectionTestProject.zip"
2. Open "SampleScene" Scene
3. In the Hierarchy window, notice how "3d object" has a child "physicsObject" that is a GameObject with Box Collider
4. Open Physics Debugger in Toolbar -> Window -> Analysis
5. In Scene View, make sure "Collisions Geometry" and "Mouse Select" are both enabled in Physics Debug
6. Angle the camera so that "physicsObject" is in front of "Cube"
7. Try selecting the "Cube" GameObject through "physicsObject"
Expected result: The "physicsObject" is selected first
Actual result: The "Cube" is selected first, ignoring the "physicsObject" in front of it
Reproducible with: 2020.2.0a8, 2020.2.3f1, 2021.1.0b4, 2021.2.0a3
Not reproducible with: 2018.4.31f1, 2019.4.19f1, 2020.2.0a7
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Sprite Editor Window not visualizing changes when selecting different Filter Modes
- Crash on UnityEngine.Rendering.RenderPipelineAsset:InternalCreatePipeline () when opening a project
- The Texture Shape of an Image changes from 2D to a Cube when the project is upgraded to 2019 and above
- Building 3D Sample Scenes (URP) Project fails
- Alpha channel is disabled when Alpha Clip Threshold is set to 0