Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 2017.1
[Mono] Not switching to full .NET compatibility for plugins that require it results in unhandled exception in builds
When plugins require .NET 2.0, but .NET 2.0 Subset is selected in the Player Settings, Windows builds result in unhandled exception message on startup.
Steps to reproduce:
1) Open the latest attached project.
2) Build for Windows/macOS.
3) Run the build.
On Windows "Data folder not found - There should be 'test_Data' folder next to the executable." error window appears; the build does not start.
On macOS, the build is terminated instantly.
This exception should be handled properly instead.
Switching to full .NET 2.0 compatibility allows the build to run normally.
2017.1.0a4, 5.6.0f3, 5.5.2f1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Unity crash in SerializedFile::ReadMetadata<false> when AssetBundle. LoadFromMemory() is called
- ProceduralMaterial.ClearCache() on "Do Nothing" Substance triggers RebuildTextures
- Setting "Default Behavior Mode" to "2D" breaks HDR rendering
- Crash in GdipCreateBitmapFromStream when calling System.Drawing.Bitmap constructor
- DLL files are not excluded during building for standalone platform, even though they are selected to be excluded