Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.2
Fixed in 2019.4
[Mobile] Selecting text from Input Field throws exceptions when Hide Mobile Input is enabled
1. Import the provided custom package "Selection.unitypackage"
2. In the Project window under the "Scenes" folder open "SampleScene.unity"
3. Build for Android
4. Tap on the Input field and type "asdasd"
5. Select the text
Expected result: when selecting text from an Input Field exception is not thrown
Actual result: when selecting text from an Input Field exception is thrown (see attached "InputFieldSelection.mp4)
Reproduces on: 2019.3.0a3, 2019.3.15f1, 2020.1.0b10, 2020.2.0a12
Does not reproduce on: 2018.4.23f1, 2019.3.0a2
Reproduces on these devices:
N/A, Samsung Galaxy S9 (SM-G960F), Android 8.0.0, CPU: Exynos 9 Series 9810, GPU: Mali-G72
VLNQA00313, Huawei Y6 II Compact (HUAWEI LYO-L01), Android 5.1, CPU: MediaTek MT6735, GPU: Mali-T720
VLNQA00140, Samsung Galaxy S4 (GT-I9505), Android 5.0.1, CPU: Snapdragon S4 Plus MSM8960, GPU: Adreno (TM) 320
VLNQA00160 iPhone 6S iOS 13.3.1
-Issue does not reproduce when Hide Mobile Input is disabled
-Reproduce on Mono and IL2CPP
-Mono Exception message
ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Selection is out of range.
Parameter name: selection
at UnityEngine.TouchScreenKeyboard.set_selection (UnityEngine.RangeInt value) [0x00056] in /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/Export/TouchScreenKeyboard/TouchScreenKeyboard.bindings.cs:291
at UnityEngine.UI.InputField.LateUpdate () [0x002e3] in C:\Program Files\2019.3\2019.3.10f1_5968d7f82152\Editor\Data\Resources\PackageManager\BuiltInPackages\com.unity.ugui\Runtime\UI\Core\InputField.cs:1370
(Filename: /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/Export/TouchScreenKeyboard/TouchScreenKeyboard.bindings.cs Line: 291)
-IL2CPP Exception message
Unity ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Selection is out of range.
Parameter name: selection
at UnityEngine.TouchScreenKeyboard.set_selection (UnityEngine.RangeInt value) [0x00000] in <00000000000000000000000000000000>:0
at UnityEngine.UI.InputField.LateUpdate () [0x00000] in <00000000000000000000000000000000>:0
(Filename: currently not available on il2cpp Line: -1)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Nodes in the Vertex block are deleted when the edge connected to the Node is deleted
- Changes to instanced detail mesh material don't immediately apply
- Undo.RegisterCreatedObjectUndo dirties the scene, but no actual changes to Scene are made
- [Profiler] Scrubbing through filtered frames or sorting their data replaces the displayed data with duplicated data entries
- Errors are thrown and Sub Emitter is not reparented when trying to reparent Sub Emitters of Prefabs