Search Issue Tracker
Missleading error message when the ScriptableObject is used with abstract classes
1. Open the attached project (ScriptableObjectCreateAssetMenuIssue.zip);
2. Go to the AssetMenu;
3. Try to create an instance of "AbstractScriptableObject".
4. Observe the error message in console that says:
"Instance of AbstractScriptableObject couldn't be created.
The script class needs to derive from ScriptableObject."
Expected result: The error message explains that you can not create instances of abstract classes.
Actual result: The error message warns that the class needs to derive from ScriptableObject.
Reproduced on: 5.3.6p8, 5.4.2p4, 5.5.0f2, 5.6.0a3.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Xcode12][Burst] iOS builds with Universal/ARMv7 architecture fail in Xcode 12 with New Build System when using burst
- Changing scale of Tree prefab instance (in scene) and then undo/redo changes the source prefab scale and all painted instances
- Material properties are not correctly setup when assigning a ShaderGraph to a newly created material
- [iOS] Device.generation returns "DeviceUnknown" with some devices
- Misleading upgrade prompt when opening Project from Hub with an incremented project version