Search Issue Tracker
Missleading error message when the ScriptableObject is used with abstract classes
1. Open the attached project (ScriptableObjectCreateAssetMenuIssue.zip);
2. Go to the AssetMenu;
3. Try to create an instance of "AbstractScriptableObject".
4. Observe the error message in console that says:
"Instance of AbstractScriptableObject couldn't be created.
The script class needs to derive from ScriptableObject."
Expected result: The error message explains that you can not create instances of abstract classes.
Actual result: The error message warns that the class needs to derive from ScriptableObject.
Reproduced on: 5.3.6p8, 5.4.2p4, 5.5.0f2, 5.6.0a3.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- SBP Support for Mip Stripping
- Prefab Hierarchy is reordered after upgrading a project to a newer version of Unity
- OnTriggerExit2D when disabling a GameObject
- [DirectX12] FrameTimingManager does not return useful data
- [GPU PLM] High resolution lightmap bake keeps on restarting when Progressive Updates flag is enabled