Search Issue Tracker
Fix in review
Missleading error message when the ScriptableObject is used with abstract classes
1. Open the attached project (ScriptableObjectCreateAssetMenuIssue.zip);
2. Go to the AssetMenu;
3. Try to create an instance of "AbstractScriptableObject".
4. Observe the error message in console that says:
"Instance of AbstractScriptableObject couldn't be created.
The script class needs to derive from ScriptableObject."
Expected result: The error message explains that you can not create instances of abstract classes.
Actual result: The error message warns that the class needs to derive from ScriptableObject.
Reproduced on: 5.3.6p8, 5.4.2p4, 5.5.0f2, 5.6.0a3.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [LWRP] Terrain paint brush highlighter is missing when using the Light Weight Render Pipeline
- [Scripting/Particles] Gradient Scripting API thread checks have changed after bindings upgrade.
- Issue with reflection probe artifact staying after stopping gameview
- Unity freezes for a short time when prefab with animation is selected
- Input buffering and responsiveness issue for Linux Standalone builds with low framerate