Search Issue Tracker
Fix in review
Missleading error message when the ScriptableObject is used with abstract classes
1. Open the attached project (ScriptableObjectCreateAssetMenuIssue.zip);
2. Go to the AssetMenu;
3. Try to create an instance of "AbstractScriptableObject".
4. Observe the error message in console that says:
"Instance of AbstractScriptableObject couldn't be created.
The script class needs to derive from ScriptableObject."
Expected result: The error message explains that you can not create instances of abstract classes.
Actual result: The error message warns that the class needs to derive from ScriptableObject.
Reproduced on: 5.3.6p8, 5.4.2p4, 5.5.0f2, 5.6.0a3.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Android 9] GL_INVALID_OPERATION thrown when texture.ReadPixels is called
- [Android] Gradle build system does not escape backslash character on Keystore alias password
- [Android] Texture being misread in follow up blit on Adreno 630 when blitting zero alpha into texture
- Animator component properties are animatable and create errors
- [Test Runner] PlayMode tests do not exit Play Mode in 2018.2 versions of Unity