Search Issue Tracker
Missleading error message when the ScriptableObject is used with abstract classes
1. Open the attached project (ScriptableObjectCreateAssetMenuIssue.zip);
2. Go to the AssetMenu;
3. Try to create an instance of "AbstractScriptableObject".
4. Observe the error message in console that says:
"Instance of AbstractScriptableObject couldn't be created.
The script class needs to derive from ScriptableObject."
Expected result: The error message explains that you can not create instances of abstract classes.
Actual result: The error message warns that the class needs to derive from ScriptableObject.
Reproduced on: 5.3.6p8, 5.4.2p4, 5.5.0f2, 5.6.0a3.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Progressive lightmapper leaks memory upon subsequent scene switches and bakes
- [Mac] [IL2CPP] Build fails because of uncaught System.TypeInitializationException in ToolChains.XcodeInstallation
- Screen.fullScreenMode is always returning a default value even though it is set to be a different one
- [Assetbundle] "The referenced script (Unknown) on this Behaviour is missing!" has occurred when loading assetbundle
- Assertion failed on expression Error is thrown when Orthographic Camera and a Particle System with Specific settings are used