Search Issue Tracker
Fix in review
Missleading error message when the ScriptableObject is used with abstract classes
1. Open the attached project (ScriptableObjectCreateAssetMenuIssue.zip);
2. Go to the AssetMenu;
3. Try to create an instance of "AbstractScriptableObject".
4. Observe the error message in console that says:
"Instance of AbstractScriptableObject couldn't be created.
The script class needs to derive from ScriptableObject."
Expected result: The error message explains that you can not create instances of abstract classes.
Actual result: The error message warns that the class needs to derive from ScriptableObject.
Reproduced on: 5.3.6p8, 5.4.2p4, 5.5.0f2, 5.6.0a3.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Members section in Services window does not open when Invite Teammate button is pressed in Collab window
- Can't enter "Manual Activation" screen after already exiting from it to the main menu
- Visual artifacts appear when rendering to render texture which uses a specific shader
- [IL2CPP] UnityEngine.Ping thread leak
- Unity crashes when calling GameObject.Destroy() on an "empty" GameObject