Search Issue Tracker
Missleading error message when the ScriptableObject is used with abstract classes
1. Open the attached project (ScriptableObjectCreateAssetMenuIssue.zip);
2. Go to the AssetMenu;
3. Try to create an instance of "AbstractScriptableObject".
4. Observe the error message in console that says:
"Instance of AbstractScriptableObject couldn't be created.
The script class needs to derive from ScriptableObject."
Expected result: The error message explains that you can not create instances of abstract classes.
Actual result: The error message warns that the class needs to derive from ScriptableObject.
Reproduced on: 5.3.6p8, 5.4.2p4, 5.5.0f2, 5.6.0a3.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- New animation clips are not imported correctly when re-importing a fbx file
- [PackMan] Extension in bottom bar disappears when using operations between UI generation and packman extension callbacks
- Editor freezes when recompiling scrips in Play Mode
- Shuriken particles depth offset is not working(has no affect) when 'Renderer Alignment' is set to 'View'
- [InputSystem] InputSystem is not initialized when run in `-batchmode`