Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.2.X
Fixed in 2021.2.X, 2022.1.X
MissingMethodException in Player.log when calling Type.GUID in IL2CPP Build
1. Open the user's attached project ("GuidTest.zip")
2. Build and Run the project
3. Open Player.log
Expected result: No MissingMethodException in the Player.log
Actual result: Exception in the Player.log:
at System.RuntimeType.get_GUID () [0x00000] in <00000000000000000000000000000000>:0
at DefaultNamespace.GuidTestBehaviour.Awake () [0x00000] in <00000000000000000000000000000000>:0
Reproducible with: 2021.2.0a18, 2021.2.9f1, 2022.1.0b5, 2022.2.0a3
Not reproducible with: 2019.4.36f1, 2020.3.27f1, 2021.2.0a17
Apr 06, 2022 20:37
This issue is still not resolved for us, preventing us from using external hardware with the Quest 2 due to the SDK relying on reflection with IL2CPP / 64-bit, both of which we need for performance and distribution via AppLab.
Mar 13, 2022 20:04
THIS ISSUE IS NOT FIXED.
The bug/exception may be handled but IT DOES NOT WORK in 2021. I have projects that run perfectly fine in 2020 using reflection, that CEASE to function in 2021 using IL2CPP (Mono seems ok)
Feb 21, 2022 08:34
How can this only have two votes? This issue makes it impossible to release any updates to production channels on Oculus/Meta as IL2CPP is the only way to generate 64bit ARM builds. This issue is a huge blocker for anyone building with the IL2CPP scripting backend.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Shader Graph and the Visual Effects Graph scroll unreasonably fast on OSX
- [Android 4.4] Player crashes at splash screen when building with Frame Timing Stats enabled in the Player Settings
- VisualElement’s auto width is incorrect when the element’s parent has a set width
- Black and white flickering when using two Full Screen Pass Renderer Features
- [Audio] Microphone API latency and audio distortions appear after recording
Resolution Note (fix version 2022.2):
Fixed in: 2022.2.0a5
Resolution Note (fix version 2022.1):
Fixed in: 2022.1.0b10
Resolution Note (fix version 2021.2):
Fixed in: 2021.2.14f1