Search Issue Tracker
Missing Namespace UI error appears when a script tried to use UnityEngine.UI
After running through a few packages in the Assets Store, loading and unloading packages and DLLs, I got into a state with my project when Unity doesn't recognise "using UnityEditor.UI" in all the scripts in the Google Cloud Vision project.
This does not happen when i freshly install the Google Cloud Vision asset in a fresh new project.
To reproduce the error in the console:
- download this project
- open it with Unity 2019.2.0b3 or 2019.3.0a3 on Windows 10
- notice the compilation errors:
Assets\FrostweepGames\GCSpeechRecognition\Examples\Example\Example.cs(4,19): error CS0234: The type or namespace name 'UI' does not exist in the namespace 'UnityEngine' (are you missing an assembly reference?)
Reproduced with Unity 2019.2.0b3 and 2019.2.0a3
Cannot reproduce in Unity 2019.1.0f2, 2019.3.0a2, 2019.2.0a14
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Double clicking script field no longer opens it in the external script editor
- [Android] Build fails with built-in PAD custom asset(s) when using sample Addressable
- [iOS] nw_read_request_report crash
- The serialized field value cannot be changed when trying to set it back to "None"
- The dropdown component breaks when the 31st Layer is used