Search Issue Tracker
Missing Namespace UI error appears when a script tried to use UnityEngine.UI
After running through a few packages in the Assets Store, loading and unloading packages and DLLs, I got into a state with my project when Unity doesn't recognise "using UnityEditor.UI" in all the scripts in the Google Cloud Vision project.
This does not happen when i freshly install the Google Cloud Vision asset in a fresh new project.
To reproduce the error in the console:
- download this project
- open it with Unity 2019.2.0b3 or 2019.3.0a3 on Windows 10
- notice the compilation errors:
Assets\FrostweepGames\GCSpeechRecognition\Examples\Example\Example.cs(4,19): error CS0234: The type or namespace name 'UI' does not exist in the namespace 'UnityEngine' (are you missing an assembly reference?)
Reproduced with Unity 2019.2.0b3 and 2019.2.0a3
Cannot reproduce in Unity 2019.1.0f2, 2019.3.0a2, 2019.2.0a14
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- String array data is lost when one of the strings starts with a colon symbol
- Unable to import NuGet packages Microsoft.Bcl.AsyncInterfaces, System.Threading.Tasks.Extensions cannot be loaded correctly
- Backgrounds of Editor windows are changed to a texture when method ImageConversion.LoadImage is called
- OnApplicationQuit method is called before Application.wantsToQuit event is raised
- Lightmapper is slow when using "Always Refresh"