Search Issue Tracker
Missing Namespace UI error appears when a script tried to use UnityEngine.UI
After running through a few packages in the Assets Store, loading and unloading packages and DLLs, I got into a state with my project when Unity doesn't recognise "using UnityEditor.UI" in all the scripts in the Google Cloud Vision project.
This does not happen when i freshly install the Google Cloud Vision asset in a fresh new project.
To reproduce the error in the console:
- download this project
- open it with Unity 2019.2.0b3 or 2019.3.0a3 on Windows 10
- notice the compilation errors:
Assets\FrostweepGames\GCSpeechRecognition\Examples\Example\Example.cs(4,19): error CS0234: The type or namespace name 'UI' does not exist in the namespace 'UnityEngine' (are you missing an assembly reference?)
Reproduced with Unity 2019.2.0b3 and 2019.2.0a3
Cannot reproduce in Unity 2019.1.0f2, 2019.3.0a2, 2019.2.0a14
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Particle System materials do not have transparency applied when loaded from an Asset Bundle
- [2D] Unable to select Sprite by clicking in Scene View when another Sprite is using _MainTex property with Tiling/Offset values
- Default Scripting Backend in Universal Render Pipeline template is set to il2cpp
- Texture importer assigns wrong texture compression formats to lightmap textures
- [WebGL] Input.GetAxis("Mouse X") and Input.GetAxis("Mouse Y") return inconsistent values between positive and negative axes