Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.2.X
Fix In Review for 2020.3.X
[Linux] Missing libdl.so library causes crash when entering Playmode for the second time or closing the Editor
How to reproduce:
1. Download and open the "Karting Microgame" project from the Learn>Projects section in the Unity Hub
2. Enter and leave Playmode 2 times
Reproducible with: 2019.1.14f1, 2019.3.11f1, 2020.1.0b6, 2020.2.0a7
Could not test with: 2017.4.40f1, 2018.4.22f1 (Unable to enter Playmode, because of too many broken scripts with missing functions or broken packages)
1. Sometimes it can take more than 2 times of entering and leaving Playmode for the crash to occur and it is also possible for the Editor not to crash when closing it
2. There are two errors thrown when opening the Editor that are related to the crash:
a. "DllNotFoundException: libdl.so"
b. "Unexpected error while trying to initialize the burst JIT compiler: Unexpected exception occured while initializing burst JitCompilerService"
3. Tested on Ubuntu 18.04 and KDE Neon 5.18
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Enlighten] Worker thread related message is printed in the log regardless of realtime GI being enabled or not
- [Hub][Linux] Hub .AppImage does not allow to upgrade the Hub from 2.4.5 to 3.0.0-beta.2
- [Profiler] Current frame button initially hides profile frame marker
- [Linux][Hub] Unity Hub 2.4.5 does not open "Add modules" window when clicking "Install with Unity Hub" in Build Settings
- Broken link in HDRP manual