Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.2.X
Fixed in 2020.3.X, 2021.1.X
Misleading shader compilation logging message
When doing the player build, a log appears in the Editor log that informs about the progress. The log says something like "[ 60s ] compiled 300 variants" periodically. After the compilation is finished, the total stats are printed. If the "compiled" variants come from the cache, the message above is incorrect, as it's not actually compiling them.
It is also not possible to determine, how much time was spent compiling variants vs fetching from the cache, which makes it difficult to reason about the performance of different parts of the variant fetching pipeline.
The periodic message should be changed to [ 60s ] 300 / 456 ready.
The final message should show duration stats per source in addition to variant counts obtained from each source.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Android] Text input field doesn't disappear when pressing "Enter" on the keyboard connected to a device and HideMobileInput is disabled
- WebGL Player flickers and logs warnings when viewport is resized and "Linear" Color Space is used
- Rigidbody recalculates its center of mass when moving its child Trigger Collider
- Sprites with different indexes than indicated in Text field of Label Inspector are being rendered
- VFX rendering a sphere when using a custom mesh