Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.2.X
Fixed in 2020.3.X, 2021.1.X
Misleading shader compilation logging message
When doing the player build, a log appears in the Editor log that informs about the progress. The log says something like "[ 60s ] compiled 300 variants" periodically. After the compilation is finished, the total stats are printed. If the "compiled" variants come from the cache, the message above is incorrect, as it's not actually compiling them.
It is also not possible to determine, how much time was spent compiling variants vs fetching from the cache, which makes it difficult to reason about the performance of different parts of the variant fetching pipeline.
The periodic message should be changed to [ 60s ] 300 / 456 ready.
The final message should show duration stats per source in addition to variant counts obtained from each source.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [iOS] Building an iOS project with the new Xcode 15 linker fails
- Prefab's scripts are constantly reloaded when trying to enter multiple digits or characters into public fields on custom scripts consecutively
- [Linux] Progress modal window stays on top of every other window and cannot be moved
- Crash on mono_g_hash_table_find_slot when entering Play Mode
- [iOS] Crash when pressing "Done" on the keyboard layout