Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.2.X
Fixed in 2020.3.X, 2021.1.X
Misleading shader compilation logging message
When doing the player build, a log appears in the Editor log that informs about the progress. The log says something like "[ 60s ] compiled 300 variants" periodically. After the compilation is finished, the total stats are printed. If the "compiled" variants come from the cache, the message above is incorrect, as it's not actually compiling them.
It is also not possible to determine, how much time was spent compiling variants vs fetching from the cache, which makes it difficult to reason about the performance of different parts of the variant fetching pipeline.
The periodic message should be changed to [ 60s ] 300 / 456 ready.
The final message should show duration stats per source in addition to variant counts obtained from each source.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Incorrect Burst Exception Control Flow in Editor due to Mono Handling of calli instruction
- [Linux] Packman options to add package from Git URL doesn't always show the window directly below the + button
- Editor redirects to a broken page when pressing question mark "?" in the Inspector window
- Editor directs to non-existent page when pressing "Learn more..." for Asset Pipeline
- "Cyclic Prefab nesting not supported" error window is thrown when trying to nest two sibling prefab variants