Search Issue Tracker
[Metal] Stuttering happens when switch graphics API to automatic for Older MacOS computers
1. Download and open attached project
2. Make sure that the graphics option "Auto Graphics API for Mac" is checked.
3. Make build and create new account with dummy profile.
4. Play any song
5. Compare with high sierra
Actual behaviour: Stuttering happens intermittently during the song playing.
Expected behaviour: Gameplay is smooth with no stuttering.
Only reproducible on Sierra. Not reproducible on High Sierra.
The frame rate observed is still 60fps.
Please watch the video closely to notice the stuttering.
This issue is observed only on older MacOS devices, did not manage to reproduce on new ones.
Also, when switching back to using OpenGL, the issue is gone as well.
Reproduced with 2018.3.0a6, 2018.2.0f2, 2018.1.9f1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- 3D Sample Scene (HDRP) template tutorial Welcome Dialog pop-up doesn't appear on project creation
- [Profiler] The Addressable Asset Module module outputs an ArgumentException when asset GUIDs produce a hash collision with Addressables
- Huge amounts of tests have a start delay when pressing "Run All" in the Test Runner
- Blackboard: Double borders around the tooltip
- [WebGL]VideoPlayer Rendering stops when setting FilterMode of a texture downloaded with UnityWebRequestTexture.GetTexture()