Search Issue Tracker
[Metal] Stuttering happens when switch graphics API to automatic for Older MacOS computers
1. Download and open attached project
2. Make sure that the graphics option "Auto Graphics API for Mac" is checked.
3. Make build and create new account with dummy profile.
4. Play any song
5. Compare with high sierra
Actual behaviour: Stuttering happens intermittently during the song playing.
Expected behaviour: Gameplay is smooth with no stuttering.
Only reproducible on Sierra. Not reproducible on High Sierra.
The frame rate observed is still 60fps.
Please watch the video closely to notice the stuttering.
This issue is observed only on older MacOS devices, did not manage to reproduce on new ones.
Also, when switching back to using OpenGL, the issue is gone as well.
Reproduced with 2018.3.0a6, 2018.2.0f2, 2018.1.9f1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Filters dropdown: Window doesn't rescale on items collapse
- Sprite Preview is broken when the Sprite is too tall or too wide
- Objects are invisible in Scene view when using Wireframe Shading Mode
- Physics.Raycast does not work when used on the whole model
- Shader Graph changes the Position of Prefab instances in Play mode
Resolution Note (2018.3.X):