Search Issue Tracker
[Metal] Performance degradation on iOS devices
1. Open the GraphicsPerf project with Unity 2018.2;
2. Change Graphics API to Metal;
3. Build and run DynamicVBO, Lights, Materials, Particles, ParticlesCollision and Tesselation scenes on iOS devices.
4. Repeat all steps with Unity 2018.3.0a6;
5. Compare frame time.
Important: let devices to cool down between each run.
Expected result: performance increases or at least remains the same.
Actual results: frame times increase 6-12% in trunk, even 40% with some devices.
Devices under testing:
-iPad Mini 4 (SoC: A8, iOS: 11.4),
-iPhone SE (SoC: A9, iOS: 10.0.1),
-iPhone X (SoC: A11, iOS: 11.4),
-iPad 5th gen (SoC: A9, iOS: 10.3).
Tested with: 2018.1.f1 and 2018.3.0a6
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- The main loop is never scheduled in 2018.x when build starts in background
- EditorApplication.isPlaying value is true when calling it in OnDisable() and Entering Play Mode
- "Entering Playmode with Reload Domain disabled" log appears when Configurable Enter Play Mode is enabled and pressing Play
- [2D] [Lost Crypt Demo] null texture passed to GUI.DrawTexture warning when opening demo
- Editor freezes and silently crashes when an object with SerializeReference is assigned an object with System.Obsolete attribute