Search Issue Tracker
[Metal] Performance degradation on iOS devices
1. Open the GraphicsPerf project with Unity 2018.2;
2. Change Graphics API to Metal;
3. Build and run DynamicVBO, Lights, Materials, Particles, ParticlesCollision and Tesselation scenes on iOS devices.
4. Repeat all steps with Unity 2018.3.0a6;
5. Compare frame time.
Important: let devices to cool down between each run.
Expected result: performance increases or at least remains the same.
Actual results: frame times increase 6-12% in trunk, even 40% with some devices.
Devices under testing:
-iPad Mini 4 (SoC: A8, iOS: 11.4),
-iPhone SE (SoC: A9, iOS: 10.0.1),
-iPhone X (SoC: A11, iOS: 11.4),
-iPad 5th gen (SoC: A9, iOS: 10.3).
Tested with: 2018.1.f1 and 2018.3.0a6
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Unable to find a corresponding location while using Partial classes/methods when debugging
- Crash in AnimatorOverrideController::GetOriginalClip when using an indexer operator to access an animation clip
- Import errors when converting from Blend to FBX
- [WebGL] In developer build method Mathf.CeilToInt() throws an exception
- [Tilemap] Visualization of the tile is created in another tile when quickly moving cursor after releasing left mouse button