Search Issue Tracker
[Metal] GfxDeviceMetal::CreateComputeProgram does not check inputs
The title is pretty explanatory, but due to a recent bug in compute kernel compilation, we ended up seeing some null shaders (size of source string is zero) from HDRP and crashing the Editor in the Metal driver. This happens because CreateComputeProgram is not checking the inputs and blindly subtracting the metadata size from the code size, which generates a very large size, and causes the Metal driver to access an invalid pointer.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Duplicating a Prefab instance in the Scene will cause instances of the same Prefab to be disabled and re-enabled
- GUI.Button and GUILayout.Button stay in the normal GUIStyleState even when the normal GUIStyleState is changed to another one
- Particle System mesh UV coordinates change when mesh's geometry layout is changed on import
- [Windows] The Unity import progress is not shown in the Windows taskbar
- Custom shader creation APIs are missing the AssetImportContext and thus can't handle includes correctly