Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.2.X
Fixed in 2019.4.X, 2020.1.X
TempBuffer <RenderTexture> is not released in memory when using deprecated Realtime Global Illumination
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached project's Scene labeled "TestScene"
2. Open the Memory Profiler (Window->Analysis->Memory Profiler)
3. Capture Editor's Memory Snapshot
4. Enter the Play Mode
5. Exit the Play Mode after ~5 seconds
6. Capture Editor's Memory Snapshot
7. Repeat the 4-6 steps for a few times (3-4)
8. Inspect the captured Memory Snapshots
Expected result: Every Snapshot should have a similar count of "TempBuffer <RenderTexture>"
Actual result: There is an increasing number of "TempBuffer <RenderTexture>" when entering and then leaving the Play Mode
Reproducible with: 2019.1.0a11, 2019.2.17f1, 2019.3.0f4, 2020.1.0a18
Not reproducible with: 2018.4.15f1, 2019.1.0a10
Couldn't test with: 2017.4.36f1 (Package Manager does not exist)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Lists auto expand when scrolling down in the Inspector Window
- Graphics.CopyTexture does not work with Texture2DArray when "Texture Quality" is not "Full Res"
- Unity Download Assistant uses the last install path
- Keycodes Less and Greater are not being registered when using GetKeyDown
- GameObjects in the Scene are not selectable when using "w" after painting with Tile Pallete