Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.2.X
Fixed in 2019.3.X, 2020.1.X
Memory leak when Multithreading is enabled for Physics 2D
1. Open the "Assets/InitScene" Scene in the attached "case_1237323_package_mods.zip" project
2. Ensure that Use Multithreading is enabled (Edit -> Project Settings -> Physics 2D -> Job Options (Experimental) -> Use Multithreading)
3. Enter Play Mode
4. Observe the Editor's memory usage in Task Manager/System Monitor/Profiler
Actual result: Gradual increase in memory usage when compared to entering Play Mode without using multithreading
Reproduces on: 2019.3.11f1, 2020.1.0b6, 2020.2.0a9
Could not test with: 2017.4.40f1, 2018.4.22f1 - (Unable to strip the project enough to be able to downgrade and to run without compilation errors)
- Reduce the number of "Visitors" being spawned in the park from 1000 as that takes a long time to spawn. I reduced it to 100-200 as this clearly demonstrates the leak. Do this by selecting "Park1 > VisitorSpawner" GameObject. In the "Visitor Spawner" script, change the "Max Population" field.
Jun 14, 2020 01:07
Still occurs on the 2019.4
Jun 04, 2020 13:11
I'm checking this on Unity 2019.3.12f1 and it still happens.
Am I wrong to assume this is fixed for 2019.3?
May 01, 2020 22:33
Can't train ml agents fully bcs of this issue - always out of memory occur. Fix it please.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Long Prefab save times when using Unity 2022.2 and higher
- Console displays error "UnityException: Creating asset at path Assets/Scenes/ .scenetemplate failed." during scene template saving
- "Development Build" watermark is shown in non-development UWP release builds
- Console errors appear when the Inspector is set to Debug and a GameObject is selected
- A script public variable value is not used when set in the Inspector window
Resolution Note (fix version 2020.2):
Fixed in: 2020.2.0a12