Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.2.X
Fixed in 2019.4.X, 2020.3.X, 2021.1.X
Memory Leak when calling GetComponents(List<T>) with a static List
Steps to reproduce:
1. Download and open project "GetComponentsBug.zip"
2. Open SampleScene
3. Enter Play mode
4. Exit Play mode
5. Enter Play mode again
6. Notice the console
Expected Result: BigObject is created, MyComponents are deleted and BigObject is garbage collected during the first Play mode
Actual Result: BigObject is created and MyComponents are deleted during the first Play mode but BigObject is not garbage collected until the second Play mode
Reproducible with: 2018.4.32f1, 2019.4.21f1, 2020.2.7f1, 2020.3.0f1, 2021.1.0b11, 2020.2.0a8
Workaround is to call recycledList.Clear(); before calling b.GetComponents<MyComponent>(recycledList);
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- GameObject.GetComponents returns the wrong number of components
- Modifying Rigidbody2D.position doesn't stop interpolation when called during the FixedUpdate callback.
- GUI button looks different from Editor in a Build
- Live Profiler Timeline keeps losing frame data while scrolling inside Profiler window
- Input.mouseScrollDelta.y is not correctly mapped to mouse wheel when running an iOS app on Apple Silicon Mac