Search Issue Tracker
[Material] Render Queue value is not updated until shader is changed and reverted
A materials render queue value is not updated when its shader is edited and saved, only after the material's shader has been changed and then reverted.
1. Create two objects with Mesh Renderer components, one closer to camera than the other
2. Apply a different material to each
3. Apply any shader to the foremost object's material and a custom shader of equal Render Queue value to the back one (shader must use LEqual ZTesting)
4. Observe the foremost objects renders in front (last)
5. Change the custom shader to a higher Render Queue value and save it
6. Notice how it still does not render in front
7. Change the Inspector to Debug mode and view the materials Render Queue value, it has not changed
8. Now change that material to use any other shader, then back to the custom shader
9. Observe how that object now renders in front.
After a shader's render queue value has been edited change materials that use it to another shader and then revert to update the value on the materials.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [MacOS] Exclusive Fullscreen mode launches into windowed mode when "Allow Fullscreen Switch" is unchecked.
- Passing prefab's transform as a parent while Instantiating the prefab fails silently
- Individual particles jump to wrong place when the Particle System changes position if the simulation speed is != 1
- The toolbar of Project Window is higher than the toolbars of other windows
- SetIsHierarchyDispatchInterested error is thrown when setting probeAnchor during OnPostprocesModel