Search Issue Tracker
Fix in review
[Material] Render Queue value is not updated until shader is changed and reverted
A materials render queue value is not updated when its shader is edited and saved, only after the material's shader has been changed and then reverted.
1. Create two objects with Mesh Renderer components, one closer to camera than the other
2. Apply a different material to each
3. Apply any shader to the foremost object's material and a custom shader of equal Render Queue value to the back one (shader must use LEqual ZTesting)
4. Observe the foremost objects renders in front (last)
5. Change the custom shader to a higher Render Queue value and save it
6. Notice how it still does not render in front
7. Change the Inspector to Debug mode and view the materials Render Queue value, it has not changed
8. Now change that material to use any other shader, then back to the custom shader
9. Observe how that object now renders in front.
After a shader's render queue value has been edited change materials that use it to another shader and then revert to update the value on the materials.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Stacktrace sentries are enabled in development builds of Windows and Mac standalone players with IL2CPP scripting backend
- Windows and Mac standalone players with IL2CPP do not have null checks enabled in non-development builds
- Class layout is not working properly when changing scripting define symbols in a build
- [Editor] Editor window, Panel and all related managed object are leaking
- Light Probe settings "Use Proxy Volume" color is saturated