Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 2017.1
Materials of instanced meshes are not read correctly when importing .fbx file into Unity
1. Create new project
2. Drag the fbx file, attached by user, into Unity
Expected: imported instanced meshes should each have material assigned to them as they were assigned in the modelling program
Actual: instanced meshes have the same material assigned to them after the import, even though they were assigned different materials in the modelling program
Reproduced in 5.5.2p4, 5.5.3f1, 5.6.0f3, 5.6.0p1, 2017.1.0b1
Fixed in 2017.2.0b1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Timeline animation asset won't update
- [LWRP] VFX Graph projects have visual artifacts when viewed with certain mobile GPUs
- Particle System with custom simulation space jitters when moved/rotated in Late Update
- Preview Window in the Inspector shows the same Preview image when multiple Terrain layers are selected
- Unity 2018.3 update prompts "Click the Download Installer button" while the update button is named "Download new version"